- Los Angeles/Orlando/Anaheim (Remote)
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand is seeking a Merchandise Coordinator to join their team. This role is 2-months and could extend. Candidate will work remote and can be east or west coast.
The Merchandise Coordinator supports the O&O Collectibles Manager in driving the category business primarily on a Parks’ site specific level, but also on the global level to a lesser extent. In addition, the Merchandise Coordinator will collaborate with cross-functional partners on the Brand teams, Parks planning teams, Parks Events teams, and buying and planning teams as needed. Primary responsibilities will include managing original art inventory with Parks’ gallery locations, coordinating with Parks’ planning team on inventory for events, collaborating with Brand teams on item set ups of new items, and managing artist communication for the Parks. The Merchandise Coordinator must exhibit strong organization, prioritization, and influencing skills, as well as an understanding in the systems and processes related to the Art & Collectibles product approval process.
- •Original Art Tracking
- Coordinates with framers on each coast and created packing slips for art to be shipped to galleries
- Point of contact for galleries to notify when consignment pieces sell
- Coordinate with BA when OAs sell to ensure artists get paid
- Tracker needs to be maintained on a weekly basis to manage consignment art in the galleries
- Work with galleries on periodic audits of OA inventory
- Disney Gallery Artists & Concession Artists support
- Prepare proposal request to BA for concession suppliers
- Route artwork to appropriate Brand teams for art approval so that artist can add to their assortments
- Coordinate with Brand teams to get skus set up
- Coordinate with BA to renew contract as needed
- Events support
- Coordinate with Events team on Events calendar
- Work with Category Planning to ensure inventory will be available to support event
- Work with appropriate Brand teams for art approval and sku set up for new inventory and consignment skus
- Festival of the Arts Support
- Coordinate with Consignment vendors to participate in event as most of the vendors are across multiple Brand pillars
- Review art submitted to make sure that it is Parks’ appropriate
- Work with BA on any Concession contracts related to vendors at the event
- Collaborate with Brand teams to make sure the FOTA specific skus are getting set up across all Brand pillars (800+ event specific skus over and above traditional product development)
- Weekly meetings with Brand and Creative teams to keep project on schedule
- Work with Events team on art placement within event
- Sketch Artist Program
- Point of Contact for new sketch art to be created
- Coordinate with Brand teams to get new skus set up and with Category Planning to range to locations
- Artist Interaction
- Interface with artists on multitude of emails with questions that come through from artist base (re. appearances, original art questions, events, etc.)
- Coordinate with Creative Ops team on artist questions
- Art on Demand Management
- Manage existing database of AOD art and recommend potential adds to Brand teams as needed
- Coordinate with AOD vendor as needed
- Limit POs
- Set up and approve Limit BPAs for repairs and reframing of damages at galleries
- Coordinate with MIC to ensure vendors are getting paid as needed
- Attend and actively participate in weekly department team meetings as requested
- Prepare materials, take notes, create recaps and communicate information to cross-functional teams.
- Assist with other O&O team projects as needed.
- High School graduate and 2+ years merchandising, product development, retail, visual merchandising, or related experience required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Retail Merchandising, or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Passion for retail and product development.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to communicate with all levels across the organization.
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to build and maintain good rapport with both internal partners and handle situations (including conflict) with confidence and tact. Able to appropriately represent the Company in communications with external partners and vendors.
- Flexible and adaptable with a demonstrated ability to work under pressure while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize workload and concurrently manage multiple projects.
- High level of attention to detail; proactive, with strong follow through skills.
- Demonstrated positive attitude with the ability to be responsive to feedback and pivot based on changing organization priorities.
- Demonstrated personal initiative skills in the workplace.
- Can-do attitude with willingness to learn new skills and processes.
- Resourceful with ability to make decisions and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Understands key business drivers and uses this knowledge in own work.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Strong analytical and basic math skills.
- 2-3 years of merchandising, product development, retail, visual merchandising, or related experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Parks retail systems, including MOWGLI, MAP, and SIMBA preferred.
Required Education Bach Dgr - Bus, Retail Merchandising or equiv pref
MUST HAVES: Extremely organized, able to prioritize, work in a fast pace environment, work on multiple projects at one time, Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers