- Rosemead, CA
- Job Terms:
- $42.75/hr. plus benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- PJ Kitchen
Our energy client is looking for a Corporate Event Planner to join their team for a long term temporary project. This role with be part time and around 20 hrs/week.
Day to day responsibilities to include:
Scouting and proposing venue, contracting venue, performing venue walk-thru, sending invitations, overseeing attendee RSVP, lodging needs, printing materials through Graphics Production, catering, audio-visual arrangements, IT needs, managing pop-up meeting room requests from attending executives, transportation requirements to/from volunteer activity, signing banquet event orders, overseeing registration, working with Corporate Philanthropy regarding the non-profit volunteer activity, site-visit to non-profit, coordinating catering needs at non-profit location, set-up volunteer activity needs, and being on-site for the duration of the event for any needs that may arise.
- 5 years experience in corporate event planning
- 2 or more years in executive engagement and communications
- Project manage the end-to-end planning and implementation of high-level in-person and online customer-facing events
- Identify project risks, evaluate solutions, make recommendations and decisions, and communicate effectively to management
- Manage and keep teams on schedule and task by leading team meetings, driving deliverables, and obtaining status information; communicate status regularly
- Conduct executive briefings to deliver final products and provide updates on project status
- Maintain a safety-conscious work environment by following Edison safety protocols and safe work practices; and perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Communications, Business, or related discipline
- Skilled in establishing strong client relationships and motivating others within a collaborative team environment
- Experience leading online and digital events
- Utility experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Engineering or related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Typically possesses three to five years of experience in managing large scale projects and use of associated management tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to develop requirements, adhere to schedules, develop and execute project plans, meet deadlines, operate under tight time constraints.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including the ability to communicate complex ideas and information to different audiences and levels.
NO ONE HAS BENEFITS LIKE AQUENT!
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%!) Health, Vision and Dental Benefits Access to Fidelity 401(k) with Matching! FSA Program
- Weekly Direct Deposit
- Resume / Portfolio Review + Interview Prep. You'll be set-up for success!
- Free Continued Learning: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Compare our benefits to other agencies, here: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
- Who is AQUENT? www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM