- Remote (US only)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- August 2021
- Posted By:
- Kathleen Ellison
Aquent's global Professional Services Client seeks a Finance Operations / Budget Manger to serve its Marketing & Communications business practice. Opportunity: This role will initially run through Feb. 2022; most likely to extend through end of fiscal year (Aug 31, 2022); full time hours, paid hourly W2 (with comprehensive benefits availalble).
For this project, the team is looking for a hands-on "doer" and someone who is willing to learn, grow their career, & help the team. Seeking candidates with:
- A background in finance, marketing or data analytics, operations analysis, or equivalent with direct experience in Operations and Budget Management.
- Capable of executing all global and local statutory, tax, Internal Controls, and US GAAP & IFRS requirements as described by policy to ensure full compliance.
- Expert in Excel and PPT; Experience using Power BI is a plus.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation, conflict management and executive stakeholder management skills are required.
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping client execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; people communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; digital marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, function, service line and market marketing campaigns. Our focus is on driving positive change across client Services and Growth & Strategy Marketing + Communications (M+C) by synthesizing Cross-Services efforts, simplifying processes and increasing automation to better manage M+C programs, talent management, finances, and reporting.
The role of Finance & Procurement Support (Associate Manager) focuses on:
• Collaborating and work across Services and Growth & Strategy M+C supporting Marketing Planning & Operations leads, Services Marketing Leadership, and broader team as needed in all areas of budget planning and forecasting.
• Developing financial management processes for budgeting, forecasting, and event budget management. Guide activities related to annual and quarterly forecasting such as preparing forecast templates, making initial allocation recommendations based on previous year spends, reviewing and adjusting budgets with M+C stakeholders as appropriate.
• Serving as day-to-day budget manager working with Marketing Planning & Ops leads, procurement, M+C finance team, etc. as necessary to ensure budgets are on track, compliant and observant of US, International, and client finance protocols and rules, executing account financial processes with emphasis on quality and compliance.
• Reviewing spend reports with Services and Growth & Strategy M+C budget managers as needed, assist with escalating and resolving any issues working with finance procurement and vendors, tracking, and managing financial transactions as needed.
• Preparing scheduled and ad hoc reports from financial management tools. Preparing budget related PPT presentations appropriate for leadership consumption.
• Liaising with other teams such as Global Events team for budget management related to Events owned by Services M+C.
Skills & Work Experience:
• 3+ years using financial software and/or data science tools to achieve business goals.
• Direct experience in Operations and Budget Management.
• Willingness and desire to learn new tools and software platforms for role as needed.
• Minimum of 2 years’ client experience.
• Proficiency using MS Excel and PPT
• Must be comfortable managing multiple data streams simultaneously.
• The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels.
• Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus.
• Sensitivity to the cultural and social variances as a part of an international and inclusive team.
• Willingness to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to accommodate other time zones.
• Strong English language skills.
• Bachelor's degree or other university degree.