- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Julee Grupe
Major Medical, Dental, Vision, matching 401k, PTO, paid holidays
Background check required
** Must have portfolio of work, including findings reports, as well as talk through methodology used to arrive at an outcome. **
Our team is part of The Customer Office, specifically the Enterprise Employee Research team. Within the Enterprise Employee Research team we deliver rich insights on human needs, wants and expectations informed by a well-rounded view of the marketplace, our brand, our customers, and our employees. We strive to make employee lives better by providing rich insights that anticipate their needs, creating loveable experiences that exceed their expectations and measuring the impact of our actions to continually improve.
** This is NOT a UX research role, this is a quantitative/qualitative role that works at a higher altitude to define overall employee experience in partnership with Human Resource leadership. **
The Enterprise Employee Research team is looking for an experienced Lead Researcher to dive into the employee experience as it pertains to specific project needs. The work that we do will aid in validating and building confidence as leadership moves forward with creating a more customized and engaging employee experience experience, both in the field and at corporate. You will be working with senior leadership and must have the ability to communicate and operate across large enterprise teams, at various levels.
For the right candidate, there is opportunity to stay on past project engagement to jump into other workstreams and project initiatives. This is a new team with a lot of potential for ongoing engagement.
Position Summary/Job Description:
The ideal candidate will lead insight programs in support of employee driven initiatives to help achieve its goals of becoming one of the best places to work. This role will work together with Human Resources and various enterprise partners to embed learning plans throughout the strategic development process and execute research to inform key decision points.
The ideal candidate is one who brings a combination of deep knowledge and experience in both qualitative and quantitative research methods, and has the ability to provide highly consultative and strategic thought leadership to help translate insights into actionable business decisions.
Candidates must demonstrate strong collaboration and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels within the organization. Individuals must be detail-oriented, results driven, demonstrate strategic thinking and creativity, as well as business savvy, with the ultimate goal of translating data to insights to recommendations.
• Subject matter expertise and confidence in research skills/tools/methodologies/rationale for what can be done and how, with more experience in terms of years in the field and depth/breadth of work across a range of research types (little guidance needed from leader)
• Anticipates and explains the effects of decisions to inform business-facing team and influence key business partners.
• Listens for insight; prioritizes being responsive to client/business needs while proactively identifying opportunities for research based on curiosity and external trends
• Be an advocate and voice for the employee, with customer obsession in mind
• Facilitate/moderate qualitative research
• Ensure effective communication of employee and industry data, including synthesizing them into insights for action
• Find opportunities to develop and champion the use of new qualitative and quantitative research methods to address unique research challenges and evolving trends
• Remain abreast of best practices within the discipline and research methods employed, including the latest evolutions of approaches as the industry develops
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, meeting deadlines and working productively and efficiently under pressure
What are the top five skills and number of years of experience required to perform this job?
• Bachelor's degree in Anthropology, Social Science, Research, Psychology, Marketing, Communications, Mathematics, Business or related field.
o Or, 10+ years of related field or equivalent industry experience
• 5 years’ research, analytics, statistics, and/or database knowledge and experience (using tools, applications, platforms, etc.)
• 2 years conducting qualitative research (ethnography, interviews, focus groups, etc.)
• Ability to identify new issues, trends and opportunities from data
• Written and verbal communication (story telling) skills
• Strong customer service orientation
What are some preferred/nice to have skills the manager is looking for?
• Knowledge of Dscout, MS Forms and/or Confirmit
• 3 years’ leadership experience in the following:
• Experience in a consumer or employee insights function for a global consumer-oriented organization in retail, manufacturing or related industry
• Multi-channel/brand business