- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
From the deeply moving, to the purely fun, this platform is a daily destination for all things topical and for viewers to connect with the people who are shaping our world through meaningful, engaging, and entertaining conversations! Broadcast from New York City featuring a dynamic mix of live and taped shows, this program airs across the country in national syndication.
The head of digital content is the strategic and creative leader driving the production of all digital content associated with the on-air program. This position is embedded within the production team and is not only responsible for generating awareness for the on-air program, but also creating digital destinations for our audience that are entertaining and valuable on their own. With a team of 3 producers, the head of digital content is responsible for oversight of day-to-day social content, website creation, and connecting with the production and marketing teams. The head of digital will drive platform and creative strategy and must be able to communicate these strategies to various stakeholders for buy-in. An equal parts data-driven and creative-driven executive, the successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to be a senior leader in a live television environment.
• Drive the strategic vision for the digital footprint of this broadcast
• Determine platform strategy across social media and digital platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube
• Manage and prioritize digital efforts across social, website, and newsletter based on success metrics
• Oversee development of daily social content for the show as created by team members.
• Develop best-in-class social media practices with original ideas and analytical research
• Oversee development of original content to populate and support website and newsletter initiatives
• Identify trends in social content to create content that incorporates this program into the conversation
• Provide a voice and perspective to the overall production team to infuse a digital perspective in everything we do
• Oversee team of social producers who are charged with executing image, video, and copy assets for digital destinations
• Develop strong relationships with on-air show producers to proactively create long-lead opportunities based on future bookings and initiatives
• Plan and execute content release cadence with PR team
• Closely coordinate with consumer and affiliate marketing team to execute paid media plans, tent-pole campaigns, and website product development
• 7+ years experience in digital/social content creation and or/marketing, preferably in entertainment
• Strong executive presence with the ability to communicate clearly to senior executives and talent
• Leadership capabilities to support direct reports and help them realize their potential
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to stay calm in the high pressure situations that can occur during live television production
• A deep understanding of how to serve a diverse audience across content, marketing, and strategic initiatives