- Baltimore MD
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Aquent is looking for a Presentation Designer for a long term role. The Presentation Designer will interact directly with investment professionals (Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Specialists, Analysts) across asset classes to identify new and innovative ways to articulate our investment thought leadership and present it in a more sophisticated and compelling way. They must be able to apply creative problem solving t and bring a strong design aesthetic to each presentation challenge working in PowerPoint and championing (and evolving?) brand standards.
The Presentation Designer is responsible for interacting directly with investment professionals across the firm as their primary contacts. They will scope and negotiate details of the presentation needs and provide innovative and creative ways to articulate dense information to make it more compelling for audiences.
This resource will need a foundational understanding of financial terms and concepts in order to add value with client partners and be able to self-manage deadlines and priorities independently.
They must think strategically and approach challenges with an understanding of scalable systems that already exist within the client and pro-actively identify ways to support and enhance our content infrastructure creating new standards, efficiency, and leveragable assets whenever possible.
They must be able to apply creative problem solving and bring a strong design aesthetic and information design sense to each presentation challenge—making sure to enhance the audiences understanding and their ability to apply the message. Their solutions must be relevant, innovative, and clear.
This resource will operate within a small presentation design team and will need to embrace the exposure to clients and conduct themselves in a professional, client-facing manner. They must work well independently but collaborate with investment professionals and other shared service partners across the firm seamlessly.
● Bachelor’s degree in design, data visualization, or information design
● 3-5 years related work experience as a designer
● Excellent data visualization and graphic design
● Extremely facile with PowerPoint including complicated charting
● Excellent relationship building skills
● Outstanding analytical skills
● Excellent spoken and written communication skills, critical for presentation of ideas to internal and external clients
● Outstanding visual design skills
● Ability to listen to complex ideas and distill them into easy to understand concepts
● Takes direction well
● Very motivated
● Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
● Must be fluent in Microsoft PowerPoint , and data visualization programs and techniques.