- Remote; Virtual (PST Hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
This Editorial Creative team is seeking a versatile, seasoned entertainment editor to join the Product Writing team. In this role you’ll work with writers to help members navigate a sea of content by summarizing movies and television shows with concise, creative, engaging synopses. Although roughly 70% of your role will be focused on editing short form synopsis from our team of writers, you’ll occasionally write about titles yourself as well.
This role is perfect for a collaborative editor who can quickly internalize a detailed writing brief and editorial guidelines, collaborate with writers to find the perfect tone, and thrive in a high-volume, high-quality, deadline-driven environment. The copy you’ll edit will be in English, but professional proficiency in a language other than English (particularly Portuguese and Spanish) is a bonus.
If you’re excited to contribute to a team of content experts who drive global conversations about entertainment, this is a dream job. This position will be a remote four-month full-time contract, with the expectation to work approximately 40 hours a week. Although the perfect candidate might be located anywhere, you’ll often be expected to align with PST business hours, reporting to a manager based in California.
What you’ll do:
● Edit synopsis about movies and TV shows. A typical day might include reviewing a dozen short-form (150- 250-character) synopsis variations about a handful of films or TV series and writing a few synopsis yourself.
● Work closely with our pool of writers to help them achieve the nuanced goals of a detailed writing brief.
● Embody editorial principles to create accurate, inclusive and creative synopsis that are nuanced enough to resonate with different audiences.
● Track progress on the project as a whole, ensuring that our team of writers and editors keep pace with ambitious deadlines.
Things you’ll need:
● Experience editing in English about film and TV
● Mastery of AP style and attention to detail. Typos are the enemy.
● A selfless approach to contributing to an exceptional editorial team
● Eagerness to embrace a culture of candid feedback
Applicants for this position will be asked to provide samples of previously published material (ideally about film or TV) and complete a short writing exercise.
Love television and movies? With over 9 million streaming customers in 100+ different countries, our client is shaping the future of global entertainment. They are focused on bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by creating and promoting original and exclusive content.
- A self-starter
- Naturally curious
- Able to quickly adapt to change
- Always looking for new ways improve
Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Working for our client, you’ll enjoy
- A creative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Opportunities to work on industry leading projects
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks catered daily
- Commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.