- Remote; Virtual; PST Hours
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
This Editorial Creative team is seeking a versatile, creative writer to join the Product Writing team. In this role you’ll help members navigate a sea of content by summarizing movies and television shows with concise, creative, engaging synopses. Following a detailed writing brief and our editorial style guide, you’ll write several stylistically varied synopsis for each piece of content. This role is perfect for an omnivorous generalist who loves to ideate on language, is passionate about pop culture and thrives on collaborative editing cycles. This requires a writer who can tell a story many different ways and has enough creative energy to make each synopsis sing. Our team writes copy in English, but professional proficiency in a language other than English (particularly Portuguese and Spanish) is a bonus.
If you’re excited by contributing to a team of content experts who thrive on candid feedback and drive a global conversation about entertainment, this is a dream job. This position will be a remote four-month full-time contract, expected to work approximately 40 hours a week.
Although the perfect candidate might be located anywhere, you’ll often be expected to align with PST business hours, reporting to a manager based in California.
What you’ll do:
● Write (a lot) of synopsis about movies and TV shows. A typical day might include writing three or four synopsis variations about a popular action movie, and then a few variations of a synopsis for a kids’ show. You’ll write about 10-15 titles per week.
● Work closely with assignment editors overseeing the assignment flow to ensure that you’re paired with the right titles and that your copy meets the needs of the writing brief.
● Embody editorial principles to create accurate, inclusive and creative synopsis that are nuanced enough to resonate with different audiences.
Things you’ll need:
● Experience writing or editing in English about film and TV
● Mastery of AP style and attention to detail. Typos are the enemy.
● Research skills to help you gather context about titles and quickly synthesize information from a variety of sources
● A selfless approach to contributing to a world-class editorial team
● Eagerness to embrace a culture of candid feedback
Applicants for this position will be asked to provide samples of previously published material (ideally about film or TV) and complete a short writing exercise
Love television and movies? With over 9 million streaming customers in 100+ different countries, our client is shaping the future of global entertainment. They are focused on bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by creating and promoting original and exclusive content.
- A self-starter
- Naturally curious
- Able to quickly adapt to change
- Always looking for new ways improve
Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Working for our client, you’ll enjoy
- A creative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Opportunities to work on industry leading projects
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks catered daily
- Commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.