- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large nonprofit in Washington, DC is looking for a Graphic Designer for a long term role.
• Must have 1-year minimum experience working on an advocacy or political campaign
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, or related field preferred
• Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite design programs, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Final Cut Pro
• Must have specific experience creating social media graphics and keeping up with the latest trends.
• Basic video creation/editing experience
• Must be skilled at basic copywriting based on approved campaign message framework
• Must understand and be an active participant in all things social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Excellent project management and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences
• A portfolio that illustrates digital graphic design work and writing samples will be required
• Strong proficiency in MAC & PC platforms for file manipulations (Microsoft Office Suite)
• Develop a constant stream of visual content for Clients' social media and digital channels that engages members & the public in achieving our advocacy goals, including photos, videos, graphics, motion graphics, and data visualization for the purpose of driving advocacy actions
• Participate in advocacy video ideation, production, and dissemination, particularly rapid response videos that need to be turned around same day
• Ensure messaging and content on all visuals are consistent with approved campaign messaging
• Design offline campaign artwork upon request
• Propose and execute testing of content to identify most engaging and relevant assets for achieving campaign goals
• Work closely with Clients' multicultural advocacy agencies to ensure their visual content meets Client standards and follows our campaign and Brand guidelines
• Liaise with agencies, vendors, and other Client departments as needed to create internal and external-facing advocacy content and facilitate project management
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.