- Downtown Houston
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
We are seeking a mid-level Web Designer/Developer for a one-year assignment with one of our clients in the Energy industry.
The right candidate will have the skillset to create the visual elements of online and digital marketing materials, including our website, while also having the skillset of a front-end developer. Must have experience adhering to brand standards and provide a body of work showcasing creative, and effective, use of marketing concepts.
The Web Designer/Developer should be able to effortlessly handle both visual-oriented design details and the technical aspects of front-end development. Candidate must think strategically to provide solutions in line with overall business objectives and priorities. Requires 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and coordinate with other cross-functional teams
• Inspire and collaborate with team to produce creative that is on strategy and pushes creative boundaries
• Create pixel-perfect, high resolution digital assets (iconography, screen layouts/elements, typography, iconography, and animations) from wireframes for web banners, websites, digital display ads, and social media, etc.
• Implement visual designs on website, including creating layouts, buttons, and other elements that enable users to navigate and use the website
• Must have knowledge of plugins, experience with CSS preprocessors, debugging, problem solving and knowledge of responsive and mobile website design
• Collaborate with creative team to produce creative that is on strategy, on target, in brand and consistent with what is currently in market
• Participate in strategy discussions and provide creative solutions
• Follow best practices, provide input on new solutions and disseminate throughout the team
• Conceptualize and direct projects from concept to completion in a variety of media and formats
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exhibits UI design expertise, with an eye for layout, typography and color palettes
• Showcases mastery of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS and PowerPoint
• Employs working knowledge of After Effects and Audition
• Produces for video, audio, animation, illustration and/or photography
• Articulates best practices for browser-based UIs, web technologies and CMS
• Prioritizes timeliness of delivery versus quality of work
• Practices excellent written and oral communication skills
• Exhibits exemplary business acumen
• Adapts quickly to a changing work environment
• Multitasks and delivers in a time-sensitive environment
• Shows self-motivation and sets high goals for self and team
• Present designs effectively to gain buy-in
• 3-5 years in an agency or in-house creative group
• Bachelor’s degree preferred