- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
You will work as part of a small cross-functional team including Program Management, Design, Engineers, and Research to conduct research collecting and analyzing user behavior with appropriate methods, qualitative and quantitative. You will be working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, focussed on establishing and evaluating user needs and expectations.
- Familiarity with planning and conducting a wide range of research design and practical work.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods and tools.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- The ability work in a very fast-paced environment.
- Effective communication through written reports and oral presentations.
- You will need Critical thinking in human behavioral analysis normally evidenced by Master’s degree level or equivalent on a human centered research course, for example HCI, Psychology, Human Factors, Social Psychology, Anthropology Familiarity with experimental design basics, including setup, understanding and explaining trade-offs of method, understanding populations and sampling, familiarity with issues of validity, bias, and the ability to construct or critique possible experimental setups
- A track record of decision-making based on using a variety of practical techniques in a successful software-product development environment. Including responsibility for designing and facilitating goal directed and task directed usability assessments of software interactions on a range of different software platforms (iOS, Android, Web)
- Excellent communication skills illustrated through participant management, interview planning and management, workshop facilitation using focus group techniques and translation of findings into impactful design stories.
- Ability to construct, deploy and analyze surveys that have high quality structure, content and question structure.
- Demonstrable experience analyzing, synthesizing and distilling insights from both quantitative and qualitative data sources.
- A portfolio that illustrates your communication and research skills.
- YOE: 5 years
- You will impress the interviewers if you have capabilities consistent with: Large scale data collection and analysis (e.g., collecting data from online communities, scraping social networking sites, crawling websites for landscape analyses, etc). Automated processing of visual data (e.g., experience with automated image classification, OpenCV, etc).
- Social network analysis (e.g., mapping networks of resource usage).
- Visualization, especially of information rich sets of data.
- Research instrument or prototype development skills
- Experience of research with target users that include Software Developers and User Experience Designers
- Bachelor's degree preferred (In related field)
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.