- Puget Sound, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
• Work with the Character Lead and Art Directors to achieve and maintain a high, consistent quality bar for characters in game.
• Create high-quality, photorealistic real-time characters and character assets (organic and hard-surface) based on scan data and reference.
• Collaborate with the Character Lead, engineering and tech art to establish and maintain art bars that fit within budget.
• Collaborate with Concept Art and other motorsport subject matter experts to ensure that character assets maintain authenticity and realism.
• Work with our technical animators to ensure that character assets can be rigged to achieve high-fidelity deformation and movement.
• Identify opportunities to improve character fidelity.
• Present ideas, feedback, and create documentation relating to character art workflows.
• 3+ years’ experience and as a character artist or similar. Shipped AAA title on current generation hardware preferred.
• A portfolio/demo reel demonstrating a deep understanding of the creation of realistic and compelling real time character assets.
• Strong understanding of human anatomy, form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
• In-depth industry knowledge of real time character creation pipelines.
• Strong knowledge of one or more major 3D packages, Maya, or 3DS MAX preferred.
• Strong knowledge of one or more high poly tools, ZBrush preferred.
• Strong knowledge of Substance Painter.
• Strong knowledge of Marvelous Designer a plus.
• Experience processing high-poly and/or scan data with 3DS Wrap.
• Excellent organization, time management, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.