- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and entertainment brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join their team. This is an 18-month opportunity and will start out remote. Although this is remote, until further notice, candidates should be in the Glendale/LA area. They may be required to work east or west coast hours and must be flexible with their scheduled work hours as they can change.
This role will support the wider steaming Digital Marketing Team and work closely with the Insights and Operations Teams across the Media and Entertainment Distribution Central Marketing Group. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating key marketing campaign beats and content drops, working in partnership with domestic and international counterparts for Disney+ and Hotstar markets.
Additionally, this role will shepherd multiple projects at a time, ensure that the brand voice is accurately represented, collect feedback from all relevant internal stakeholders, oversee the execution of assets by the agencies, and deliver final approved assets with social and digital copy to all international markets. With a regular cadence of reporting required for Senior Executive Leadership, this role will also work with all the marketing teams in the markets and communicate proper and relevant tagging on all publishing platforms.
This role requires someone who is collaborative, creative, and highly organized, with a strong understanding of all digital platforms and current social media trends. Additionally, the ideal candidate should be proactive, a strong team player, and possess excellent communication skills. The ability to adapt to processes, meet deadlines, and work with multiple stakeholders across business units within the company is key. Maintain and manage the relationship with external agencies and ensure that all social & digital assets are routed to the necessary internal stakeholders and that information is updated and shared regularly between all groups within the wider marketing team.
- Support the Digital Marketing Team by managing the relationship with external agencies and routing content to relevant internal stakeholders for feedback
- Oversee the day-to-day project management of social content creation, including catalog content and title campaigns as well as leading and attending weekly calls with the agency
- Draft social copy that remains true to the brand voice, tone, and positioning of campaign and the ability to craft creative and attention-grabbing copy under tight timelines, if needed
- Attend talent press junkets and assist with scripting
- Route all assets to the necessary stakeholders for internal approvals (Legal, Clearances, Brands & Franchise, etc.)
- Deliver all final approved assets and copy to relevant international markets and ensure that publishing timing and tagging of content is aligned to the wider marketing plans and reporting needs
- Coordinate with the Operations Teams to ensure that social accounts are set up for all international markets
- Recommend and implement systems and processes to ensure smooth information-sharing and strategic alignment across the wider digital marketing teams
- Routinely respond and field requests from other departments and leaders
- Provide input and recommendations to the wider teams that can support and guide marketing strategy and pivot resources as needed
- Provide additional support to executives as needed
- Minimum 2 years of experience in social/digital marketing, ideally working in an entertainment brand/streaming setting
- Able to be nimble and adapt quickly to new technologies and processes
- Perpetual learner’s attitude, always looking for ways to improve processes and learn and grow
- Passion, appreciation, and knowledge of Disney+ movies, series, shorts, and characters
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (excel, word, powerpoint), Google Doc, and Box
- Understanding of social media platforms required such as YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Tik Tok.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and creative ideas on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and ability to use sound judgement
- Previous experience working with multiple international territories at a time and can adapt to different time zones accordingly
- Previous experience with CRM tools – AirTable, Smartsheets, or Zendesk preferred
- Experience in Sprinklr, Creator Studio, Google Slides, and Photoshop a plus
- Social insights and high-level reporting via third-party tools and in-platform a plus
- Experience within brand entertainment marketing and/or streaming services a plus
- Fluency in additional languages a plus
Required Education: AA or BA - Digtl Mrktg, Mrktg, Comm, BA or Relv dgr
Must Haves: project management skills, reliable, understand what’s expected of them, self-starter, move many parts at one time, nimble, adaptable to change, move quickly, flexible, pick up quick, fast moving, take initiative. Flexible with the schedule of hours worked.
Prefer to see candidates that have worked for entertainment companies, digital marketing companies or for an Agency - Marketing or Talent as they will understand the pace and expectations required of this role.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers