- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
Aquent's Client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Manager to join our Community team. This person will play a critical role in advocating for our community and engaging with them online. The ideal candidate brings a wealth of experience in building engagement programs, advocating for and communicating to customers, and has a proven track record in the video games industry.
As the company grows and evolves, your focus on quality will help the studio expand into new territory, reaching more customers, and reaching them in ways not yet previously explored. We will highlight your unique strengths and will provide you with the right opportunities that best leverage your areas of passion. We value the perspective and experience you bring and promote an autonomous workstyle. This client offers a unique work environment that is innovative and electic, and at the same time, open and accepting.
• Gain expert knowledge of our products and be a regular user of them so that you can fully understand and advocate for the best experience.
• Anticipate questions and concerns from community members and work with internal teams toward driving clarity and player-first outcomes around upcoming announcements.
• Actively and regularly participate in our community in prominent places where they gather as a representative of the brand.
• Proactively and regularly articulate to the rest of the team and stakeholders what you’re hearing people talk about, what the reactions are, and offer suggestions for how we can address their concerns.
• Use quantitative data sources to back up what you’re seeing anecdotally in your interactions with the community; provide context and information on relative severity and impact.
• Work on building and executing fun, creative things for the community to do together and with us, in-game, and out-of-game, to support and celebrate our beats.
Essential Skills and Experience
• 7+ years of experience working in community management on forums, Reddit, and Discord with a proven track record in the video game industry.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; both in writing and verbal.
• Advanced proficiency with puns, bad jokes, and memes.
• Proactive and keen attention to detail.
• Self-motivated team player with a positive attitude.
• Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software and engagement platforms.
Preferred Skills and Experience
• Familiarity with technical troubleshooting.
• Automotive enthusiast with a passion for racing games.
• Understanding and knowledge of marketing trends and best practices.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.