- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large banking client in New York is looking for a Associate Design Project Manager.
Our growing 150+ member Digital Experience Design team (DXD) includes UX and visual designers, service designers, researchers and creative technologists spread across 6 global locations. As a team, we partner with business, product, and technology stakeholders across the Firm to design products and services that drive engagement, increase client satisfaction and delight users. Our vision is to create a commercial platform that seamlessly delivers all of Clients' capabilities to clients when and how they want them. To realize that, we’re working together as a unified organization, aligning our technology, data, digital solutions, and operational services to provide an unparalleled experience. We leverage design thinking techniques to help us break through the industry jargon and find insights. We elevate design to steer the product evolution and to solve the right problems.
We are seeking an Associate Design Project Manager to support DXD’s Design Operations team across a number of initiatives that are enabling our design team to scale our service offerings, processes and work delivery. The ideal candidate is:
• A proactive problem solver who enjoys taking on new challenges and collaborating across teams to facilitate process adoption and transparency.
• Detail-oriented and adept at learning new processes and software.
• Passionate about improving team collaboration and productivity.
This Associate Design Project Manager will work directly with our Design Program Management team to support planning and reporting functions which may include:
2022 project and resource planning:
• Coordination with our Design Ops, finance and business management team, design leads and business partners to identify the continuation of existing programs and the addition of new programs to determine corresponding headcount and budget needs.
• Facilitating data collection, data entry and report generation.
• Manage team to an established timeline and deadlines.
• Learning the ins and outs of a new proprietary tool being rolled out to support planning, and serve as a point person to answer questions and troubleshoot issues encountered by the team.
Internal recruitment processes:
• As our design team continues to grow, you will facilitate collaboration with our internal recruitment team to ensure streamlined communications and timely turnarounds for scheduling, tracking interview feedback and candidate status
Design Ops reporting and presentation preparation:
• You will support ongoing Design Ops efforts to track and prepare reporting on various metrics which may relate to project intake/opportunity tracking, project impact, resource allocations, etc.
In this role, you can expect to:
• Provide clear direction to design leads across the global team on expected reporting needs and manage compliance and task completion to deadlines
• Serve as a single point of contact for project initiatives (data/content delivery, questions, troubleshooting, etc)
• Proactively develop processes to streamline information collection and tracking
• Coordinate meetings, meeting notes and follow up actions
• Provide status reports and regular updates on the initiatives that you’re involved with
• 2-3 years of experience in a project management role within a design agency, in-house/studio setting or technology company with an understanding of different design disciplines (UX, visual design, service design, research, content strategy)
• Experience in product design, software or digital development preferred
• High level of proficiency in Powerpoint and Excel (pivot tables)
• Rigorous attention to detail and demonstrated experience managing processes, timelines and scheduled deliveries
• Flexible with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and to pivot or shift priorities when needed.
• Excellent written, verbal and visual communication skills
• Soft skills in people management, negotiation and empathy