- San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in San Francisco, CA is seeking a Contract Administrator to join their Clearances team. This is a 3-month role with the possibility to extend. This role will start remote, but San Francisco candidates preferred.
- The Clearance team handles many aspects of legal clearances, including those related to production and marketing of films and other content released theatrically and via Disney+, as well as ancillary uses such as video games, consumer products, theme parks, etc.
- Read and analyze scripts and research reports to identify potential clearance issues and ensure appropriate clearance of names and places, dialogue, artwork, props, costumes, photographs, film/TV clips, and various designs.
- Negotiate agreements with outside parties controlling rights to artwork, photography, footage, and other proprietary material.
- Advise production personnel (e.g., producers, art departments, set decorators, prop masters, costumers, visual effects, etc.) of clearance procedures.
- In connection therewith, they will review dailies, rough and final cuts of films, bonus content, behind-the-scenes, interviews, bloopers, trailers, and other marketing materials, as well video games, consumer products, etc.
- Serve as an integral part of the team, working closely with the Senior Clearance Specialist, production attorneys, and IP Legal.
- Minimum 3-5 years related experience including studio script clearance, licensing, and other contract related and/or legal work.
- Knowledge of copyright, trademark, right of publicity, and other legal concepts sufficient to identify and communicate issues.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Proven ability to take initiative and seek increased responsibilities
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and fluctuating environment
- Proficient in autonomously prioritizing work and managing deadlines
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers