- Chicago, Il
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large Insurance client is seeking an experienced Events Planner that will be accountable for the program management of mid-sized domestic and international conferences ranging in size from 10 to 120 attendees in Chicago. This role will be onsite with limited travel. These programs, mostly internal, support the cultural enrichment, team building and skills development of the Clients' Investment Professionals and functional teams. This position will report to the Director of Conferences & Events.
• Lead the planning and execution of logistics for mid-sized, multi-day conferences and training programs.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to strategically determine meeting locations, timing of events based on business plans, oversee venue procurement and contract execution
• Negotiate and execute hotel and vendor contracts with supervision from the Director of Conferences & Events.
• Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines pertaining to meetings and conferences
• Agenda and concept development in partnership with Investment Professional host using industry best-practices and Client standards.
• On-site program management to include overseeing staff and vendors
• Strategic management of program finances from initiation to final bill reconciliation, approval, and payment
• Additional conference planning tasks may include, project schedule creation, venue procurement, sleeping room management, meeting room layouts, menu development, registration management, attendee correspondence, transportation management, Destination Management Company (DMC) coordination, reporting, mobile app development, activity development, and other tasks or projects as required.
• 4-7 years of corporate conference planning experience
• Experience leading complex, multi-day events.
• Experience overseeing an event team and vendors through planning and execution process
• Comprehensive understanding of the meeting planning process and white glove customer service approach
• Budget planning experience and an eye for strategic cost savings
• Highly organized; ability to handle multiple tasks and apply judgement to prioritize and make decisions
• Ability to balance planning versus execution across multiple conferences in various phases
• Successful negotiation skills and knowledge of hotel and other vendor contracts
• Ability to develop and deliver strong and articulate written and verbal communications
• Diplomatic business acumen and excellent solution-oriented customer service to both internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to collaborate, share ideas and assist team members on projects during peaks of activities as needed
• Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation a plus
• Experience with Cvent, Crowd Compass, Excel and Workfront Software preferred
• Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time, in accordance with Clients' travel health & safety guidelines. (Travel requirements will vary depending on event location and time of year).
• Willing to work some evenings and weekends for onsite event assistance.