- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainement brand in Burbank, CA is seeking a Licensing Coordinator to join their Music Group's publishing administration department. This role is 3-months with potential to extend. Will start remote, but candidates should be local to LA.
Our Music Group's publishing administration department is responsible for securing all mechanical and synchronization licenses for all product released by Hollywood Records, Lyric Street Records and Walt Disney Records and all related marketing efforts associated with its releases. The department also issues mechanical and mobile licenses to third party labels for the use of DMG compositions.
In addition to these more traditional copyright licensing matters, Publishing Administration team oversees the digital rights management of DMP's catalog in the YouTube and Facebook rights management systems and is expanding its oversight of such rights across all digital platforms with which we have blanket license agreements to ensure our copyrights are used within the scope of each such agreement.
We are currently seeking a Licensing Coordinator to join this high-volume department.
- Secure mechanical licenses for assigned releases;
- Ensure Dnote contains current publishing information for all assigned projects, including internal song codes from CounterPoint, to ensure data alignment to prevent suspense on the publishing side of the business;
- Research/verify publishing ownership on various songs pending licensing and update Dnote on an ongoing basis;
- Provide publishing ownership and split information to third parties for blanket license management
- 2 years of experience in music publishing or copyright licensing preferred
- Proficiency in Harry Fox eMechanical licensing system and Harry Fox Poli+ publishing database required.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Disney Music Publishing catalog a plus
- Efficient and resourceful with excellent time-management skills
- Attention to detail; accuracy is critical
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
Must Have: Excellent Communication skills, proficient Excel skills-able to manipulate data, create and update existing spreadsheets.
This role is remote and can work from anywhere.
NOTE: Since this role requires excellent communication skills, please provide a cover letter written by your candidate with each submittal.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers