- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
AWESOME REMOTE EXPERIENCE DESIGN LEAD -- SERVICE DESIGN OPPORTUNITY
Our client, a Fortune 60 Integrated Healthcare company, is looking for an experienced Experience Design Lead to enhance all aspects of the associate IT experience.
The ideal candidate must be passionate about solving big problems, with expertise in understanding users’ underlying needs and how to go about addressing them. Examples include device procurement and setup, remote access and collaboration, and IT support and self-service. They must be:
- Human-Centered by putting people at the center of everything they do, always seeking to deeply understand and empathize with them in the entire context of their lives. They are comfortable advocating for associate needs with peers and leaders at the highest level, constantly strivingto improve the associate’s journey and experience using evidence-backed insights. They are instrumental in devising useful, usable, and delightful experiences for associates end-to end and across varying products, services, and channels.
- Strategic by seeing the bigger picture and understand the broader systemic implications in order to create and orchestrate experiences that are desirable for associates, viable for the business, and operationally and technically feasible. They diligently use best practices and methods to uncover real business and associate needs, and synthesize insights from research and data to inform decisions at every level of the organization.
- Collaborative as a humble and generous contributor to a cross- functional team. They recognize and respect the deep expertise in others, leveraging it to help move the team forward, often leading design activities like workshops and synthesis sessions.
- A Storyteller as an excellent communicator and comfortable presenting everything from research to design solutions, both verbally and visually to colleagues, stakeholders and senior leaders. They can thoughtfully discuss and justify design decisions, give honest effective feedback to others, and leverage their communication techniques to influence and guide the broader strategy for the company.
A senior individual contributor and subject matter expert on experience design.
- Drive learning agenda, research planning and research execution to uncover deep insights and identify opportunity areas impactful to both the user and company
- Seamlessly facilitate cross-functional teams to build empathy, synthesize findings into insights and generate business recommendations that drive impact
- Generate and thoughtfully articulate future concepts and experience roadmaps that envision how people will interact with the products and services we design
- Build service blueprints that orchestrate end-to-end experiences
- Define test and learn experiments to address critical uncertainties and key experience andd performance indicators
- Collaborate and co-create with product teams and business partners to quantify value the of a concept, design operational roles and processes, and build business models for larger deployment
Key Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent experience in a related field
- 7-10 years of relevant industry experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a full understanding of the end-to-end design process and application of user-centered design processes
- Demonstrated ability to plan, execute, and synthesize end-user research
- Demonstrated ability to create design assets (e.g., customer journeys, flows, wireframes, visual designs, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other relevant design software
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Design Strategy, or related field is a bonus
- Experience designing internal associate-facing solutions for large corporations is also a bonus
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, Service Design, UI / UX Design, and Product Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills, including the ability to engage many diverse stakeholders and SMEs and gain their co-ownership in the outcome