- Atlanta, GA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
Our client is in need of a dynamic and strategic Communications & Public Relations Consultant to help ramp up the communications for the Propel Center (the support center for HBCUs that they're building in Atlanta in partnership with Apple and Southem Company). Ideally they are seeking a Sr. Communiocations | PR professional with 10+ years of experience and has some exposure w/ HBCU's and understands the nuances there. Responsibilities will include creating strategic communications for the Propel Center and also honing in on messaging. They recently hired a CEO to run the Propel Center, so there will be a lot of executive messaging, press releases, working closely with the White House and positioning the messaging for Propel, talking points, speaking points, working w/ key partners, working closely w/ the Apple and Southern Company team and w/ DC. Also will be responsible for planning/ mapping out a few big events (including ground breaking event planned for November).
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field (from HBCU preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in Communications & Public Relations
- Based in Atlanta (will need to go onsite quite a bit)
- Ability to be quite nimble, work with multiple teams and be able to pivot quickly (1 day you work w/ Apple, then the VP, then draft key messaging points w/ Senator Ossoff)
- Knowledge of marketing and be able to work with agencies to develop the brand (more of an account manager / project manager for the marketing piece)
- This long-term open-ended contract position could lead to a permanent position down the road.
**Location in the Atlanta University Center (AUC - just west of downtown Atlanta)
** Currently has a temp office in Ponce City Market (midtown) and will occasionally meet with key members there or at other offices in midtown/downtown
** Laptop will be provided
Aquent offers excellent benefits after 4 weeks, including: medical, dental & vision insurance (subsidized up to 85%!), sick pay, 401K with match and more!