- Austin, TX; New York, NY; Chicago, Il; Menlo Park, CA; San Francisco, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Daliya Way
The Community Partnerships team's mission is to empower community leaders to start, grow, and sustain meaningful communities around the world. Our team serves community leaders to understand and address their needs in sustaining and strengthening their communities. We are responsible for establishing and managing strategic relationships with these important partners.
This is a program developed by employees to accelerate the economic impact & success of Black, Latinx, & Hispanic communities, with a focus on small businesses, nonprofits, and community leaders within the digital skills space. We are focused on helping these key audiences thrive (whether that is helping connect them with one another and/or helping them bring in revenue for their companies) using products across the platform family.
We’re seeking an experienced program manager, passionate about supporting Black, Latinx, & Hispanic owned SMBs to join our Program Management team to support, drive, and develop projects that will have a meaningful impact on the program’s impact on products, efficiency of delivery, and internal tooling. The person in this role will be leading our Mentorship Circles program - connecting Black & Latinx SMBs to Employees for six weeks of 1:1 direct coaching. This person will be responsible for strategy, scale, and execution of the program, partnering with the Program Lead to ensure seamless integration into other aspects.
This person should be an expert at project management, operations & stakeholder management while juggling multiple priorities. They can clearly communicate how and why our products, tools, and programs can amplify and scale a small business’s impact. They understand the needs specific to Black & Latinx small businesses & communities. They will work cross-functionally to ensure the program grows while still uniquely connecting with and supporting the needs of small businesses around the world.
• Drive strategy, execution, data gathering, & report preparation across the Mentorship Circles program. This includes curriculum development, internal mentor recruitment/engagement & external business engagement.
• Support the Torso Program Lead in producing and documenting workflows, project plans, and key reports where most urgently required
• Support or own a series of priority projects through comprehensive documentation, stakeholder engagement across a variety of workstreams, and ruthless prioritization
• Identify and develop unique opportunities for improving the operational efficiency across the back end of the program, including designing and delivering on new projects that you develop
• Some experience in work related to technology products or services
• 4+ years experience in project or program management
• Experience working with & in service of diverse & underrepresented communities
• Experience problem solving and tackling problems with a creative mindset
• Ability to manage, document, and communicate effectively throughout the project lifecycle, ideally in a multi-stakeholder environment
• Ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced environment on projects that are outside of your comfort zone
• Experience working with small business
• Experience with digital advertising/marketing
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback
• Experience at a large, global technology company and/or operating in a highly matrixed and constantly changing environment is a plus
• Experience working with small business products & programs in service of diverse/global audiences
• Experience developing learning & development curriculum for audiences at scale
• PMI or PMP certification