- Austin, Texas 78758 OR Chicago OR San Francisco
- Job Terms:
- $50-63/hour W2 (DOE) + benefits & 401K
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a talented, mixed-methods, Senior UX Researcher. This role can sit in Austin, Texas - Chicago, IL OR San Francisco, CA; role will start remotely and then onsite a few days a week post-labor day. We are looking for an experienced user researcher who is excited about disrupting financial technology. We want self-starters who have an entrepreneurial spirit, along with the tact to deal with challenging stakeholders. The User Experience research team is responsible for digital solutions across the enterprise. This role will be working for our client Charles Schwab and your research will be evaluating digital experiences and interactions in the digital advice space. AQUENT offers a W2 hourly pay rate, health benefits, dental, vision, matching 401K and more!
The role is a 12-month contract for UXR on the User Researcher Team. The ideal talent will have 5+ years of design research experience. In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must have a portfolio OR case studies that showcase your research methodologies, presentation skills and ability to synthesize data + make design recommendations based on research findings.
Design Researcher Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting user research. Deliverables change on a project-by-project basis, but may include elements such as user interviews, task analyses, journey maps, personas, and usability testing.
- The tactical / day-to-day is this:
o The candidate will be embedded with the Intelligent Assistant (80%) and Mobile Channel (20%) product teams.
o In scope: Project Story, mobile navigation, Int. Asst. integration with Schwab.com website Search and Live Chat.
o This candidate will be doing mostly evaluative research (usability tests, click tests, etc.) but I expect some formative research as well (interviews, storyboard walkthroughs, etc.)
o Partner/teammate/stakeholder relationship skills are equally important as UX research skills.
Design Researcher Requirements:
- Applicants must have experience doing UX Research for desktop and mobile digital experiences; ability to juggle and manage various research projects at one time, delivering expected documents/recommendations on time; proficiency with Mac OS X and/or Windows office productivity software; and hands-on experience with some of following software would be helpful but can be trained: InVision, Axure, UserZoom, UserTesting, or OptimalWorkshop.
- Usability testing, card sorting, tree testing, interviewing, questionnaire design, ethnography
- Tools: Userzoom, User Testing, Qualtrics, Survey Monkey, dscout, Confluence, Optimal Workshop (or similar tools) Education: applied psychology, experimental psychology, human factors psychology / engineering, human computer interaction, anthropology, sociology (or similar people-related disciplines like these).
- This candidate will need to be onsite in Austin once normal, in-office business resumes. We are also open to candidates in Chicago or San Francisco as back-ups. They will need to be onsite in whichever location they are in.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!