- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Kimberley Strayer
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 128,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You will use your excellent design skills and utilize design thinking to deliver project work and key initiatives across multiple touchpoints. You may handle many projects at once, and many with critical deadlines, and you excel at knowing how to successfully prioritize your work to meet the objectives set forth.
You are an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to push the skill set of team members to bring those new ideas to life.
You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- You will deliver well-crafted, distinctive and quality designs, and contribute inventive design solutions to projects and programs
- Your scope of work will fulfill various project deliverables including signage and wayfinding programs, detailed production and installation specs, artwork production and developing environmental design intentions of differing scaled projects for associated J&J facilities, retail and healthcare applications
- You will partner and collaborate with key stakeholders, designer and product owners and take ownership of certain aspects of the project or program, and independently manage the work load
- You will successfully meet and deliver on deadlines in a collaborative and cross-functional environment
- Through multiple channels of teamwork, you will help create cohesive brand experiences and best practices across touchpoints, meeting specifications and proscribed budgets and timelines
- You’ll work closely with project team members to propose design solutions for the business partner’s anticipated needs, gaps and goals
- You will be hands-on design 75% in a supported environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design is required
- 4 – 7 years of design experience required
- Persistent and diligent attention to detail, while maintaining overall understanding of projects
- Fluency in Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and a basic understanding of environmentally responsible design is required
- Knowledge of Architecture, 3D modeling and rendering is preferred
- Cross-platform experience in Microsoft and document management application is required
- Demonstrated strong visual, written and verbal communications skills to execute project briefs is required
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.