- 100% REMOTE (U.S. only)
- Job Terms:
- $32-36.67 / hr.
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
Kimberly-Clark is seeking a Technical Writer with IoT experience to work with their hardware and software engineering teams for a 3 month project on a remote basis.
Day to day responsibilities will include creating System documentation, User Guides, FAQs, Integration and API Developer Guides and platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.), Release Notes, etc.
Previous experience working with an Agile or scrum team is preferred. Previous experience with SaaS is strongly preferred. Strong experience with RELEASE NOTES is required as you will be working on a team that will certainly be making updates/ to software. Vital to be able to create these notes quickly and communicate clearly. Strong Microsoft Suite experience. Be familiar end to end documentation.
• Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain high
quality, world-class documentation, including:
• System documentation, User Guides, FAQs, Integration and API developer Guides
• In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc.), Release Notes, etc.
• Product documentation such as change management, SLA, security/data policy, etc.
• Learn complex concepts and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and
understood by users.
• Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meetrequired timing
• Write software documentation from technical specifications, discussions with developers, and
• Collaborate with creative directors and brand champions to follow design/style guides.
• Integrate use case and functional data into user documentation and examples.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in English, Communication, or Journalism.
• 3-5 years experience working as a Technical Writer or in related job role.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills in multiple mediums. SaaS experience is preferred.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills with ability to work with different SMEs.
• Strong ability to analyze, synthesize complex content and own end-to-end document creation.
• Familiarity with REST API, release notes documentation
• Good ability to prioritize different projects and a positive attitude to tackle challenges.
• Experience working with Agile/Scrum software development teams.
• Experience creating infographics such as diagrams, screenshots, workflows, graphs, etc.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
• Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) and the lifecycle of
documentation from pre-release through on-going maintenance.
• Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators
• Experience using XML tools to create documentation
• Previous software development experience
• Portfolio of work and/or writing samples.
Hours: 8 am - 5 pm
Aquent offers premium benefits after 4 weeks, including medical, dental & vision insurance, 401K with match, sick pay, weekly paychecks and free training!