- Job Terms:
- Based on Experience
- Start date:
Our client is looking for a Remote Freelance Writer (20 hours a week).
As a freelance Writer/Editor, you will be responsible for pitching and writing stories covering general economic trends (e.g., gdp, unemployment, housing, etc) and other personal finance topics, while making these concepts accessible and helpful for our audience. You'll be counted on to develop timely and engaging stories with original, on-brand angles, with a quick turnaround. In addition to crafting these pieces, you will be counted on to work across departments to find research to support your story. If you have a passion for bringing simplicity, transparency and entertainment to the world of personal finance this is your kind of position.
- Identify, pitch and create stories relevant to potential bank customers/those interested in personal finance topics, and pitch and write articles quickly - often within hours.
- Seeking specific subject matter expertise in financial markets, investing and general economics
- Experience as a writer or editor covering personal finance, economic writing or other service-driven topics
- Knowledge of general macroeconomics topics is key
-Experience working in a regulatory environment is a plus
- Superb attention to detail, even under deadline
- Passion for storytelling and pitching
- Strong sense of urgency around news, trending topics and helpful information; ability to manage details and projects while responding to changing priorities and feedback