- Chicago, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Wolcott
Vitamin T in Chicago is looking for a remote Senior UX Designer a national association client located downtown. As a As Senior UX Designer, you will partner with our UX Team in delivering user experiences that meet our customer’s needs and satisfy our demanding business objectives. Involved in all stages of design from ideation to execution and implementation, the Senior UX Designer collaborates with business stakeholders, vendors, and other cross-functional teams to define and deliver responsively designed experiences across e-commerce, learning management, user registration, and product marketing.
Ideal candidates bring a proven understanding of web-based development, with prior experience working across a variety of environments, including Waterfall and Agile/Scrum. Must be able to thoughtfully engage at all levels of the process from wireframes and interface specifications, to strategy. Prior visual design experience that allows you to translate wireframes into production-ready comps and assets is a plus.
Only candidates with online portfolios will be considered. This is a fully remote role
- Translate business strategy into user experiences.
- Collaborate with marketing, technology, and platform partners to define user interface requirements.
- Participate in brainstorming/concept sessions and provide whiteboards, low-fidelity sketches, and mock-ups.
- Develop mid-fidelity wireframes, task flows, journey maps, and other documentation.
- Produce functional, high-fidelity prototypes.
- Participate in sprint-based activities such as grooming sessions, planning, and reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Web Design, Graphic Design, or related field required.
- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
- Proven track record of delivering user experiences in a leading role.
- Expert in responsive design methods and workflows.
- Expert with design tools including Sketch, Axure, and Creative Cloud
- Familiarity with CMS-based web solutions.
- Experience working with multi-brand organizations.
- Mastery of current design trends and best practices.
- Creative thinking with a problem-solving mindset and strong analytical skills.
- Comfortable presenting and defending design concepts.
- Ability to lead brainstorming sessions at varying levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and ADA accessibility standards (508 compliance).
- Reliable, self-motivated, and focused on high-quality delivery of work products; willing to accept risk with responsibility.
- Strong organizational, time management, and priority-setting skills.
- Demonstrated business and stakeholder relationship-building experience.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner.
- Proven interpersonal, relationship-building, and diplomacy skills.
- Flexible and resilient; adaptable to a change-oriented environment.
All candidates should have an online portfolio showcasing not just published designs, but typical UX artifacts that uncover the way a UX professional works. This role will be expected to contribute to the UX process for various workstreams and as such will rely heavily on sketching, storyboarding, wireframing, simple prototypes, heuristic evaluations, and usability recommendations.
Candidates will need to be able to explain not just the end product, but how they got there and what steps, challenges, and considerations they took in delivering the final product.you will partner with our UX Team in delivering user experiences that meet our customer’s needs and satisfy our demanding business objectives. Involved in all stages of design from ideation to execution and implementation, the Senior UX Designer collaborates with business stakeholders, vendors, and other cross-functional teams to define and deliver responsively designed experiences across e-commerce, learning management, user registration, and product marketing.