- Vancouver, BC (Remote possible)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
We are seeking a Designer with a track record for creating usable, seamless, elegant and impactful design solutions, deeply rooted in customer needs. This is an exceptional opportunity to reach hundreds of millions of people with your innovative and creative work. We approach our problem space with empathy for our customers as well as drive to innovate and evolve the product. We’re building partnerships with teams across the large tech organization, functioning as scenario and customer experts to create product solutions.
We are looking for a talented visual communicator, creative problem-solver, storyteller and human advocate to join our small start-up team within a large tech org. Within this team, your design work will support the creation of beautiful, high-quality experiences within our platform, a social media platform for large companies!
You possess superb visual skills, applying your talents and understanding of typography, color, texture, composition, iconography and illustration to create beautiful, inclusive, and accessible designs.
You ask questions, find answers, and figure out how to distill a vision or idea into an effective design solution. You collaborate with diverse teams and enjoy working with others to co-create designs that understand and address both the needs of the business and the needs of the consumer.
- · 2-4 years of visual design/Graphic design for web and work-related experience required.
- · Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of standard design principles: color, typography, layout, brand.
- · Excellent communication skills
- · Ability to work under constant deadline constraints.
- · Must have the ability to understand technology issues and communicate information effectively.
- · Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies and standard design software packages (i.e. Figma)
- Experience building out a design system in Figma is a definite plus!
- Portfolio for a review with design lead.
- · Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Design, or related program. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.