- New York, NY; Seattle, WA; Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
As a UX researcher on the Ads & Business Products team, you’ll have the opportunity to partner directly with an agile team to create solutions for businesses to succeed on the Family of Apps through advertising and other meaningful experiences. Our work aims to understand the people who will use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. Our research methods range from generative to evaluative, ethnography to experimentation, and involves close collaboration between researchers and our cross-functional partners.
• Work closely with product teams to identify important research questions
• Use the right methodology for the right questions
• Collaboratively and independently develop and execute research roadmaps
• Lead various research studies in different phases of the product development cycle
• Generate insights that shape how product teams think about short, medium and long-term product strategy
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Ability to effectively collaborate and manage cross-functional relationships to produce impactful insights.
• Extensive experience with user experience research methods (e.g., interviewing, survey design, data analysis, experimental design, ethnography, co-design, concept-testing, etc.).
• BA/BS in a human behavior related field, such as human-computer interaction, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, media studies, computer science, or economics
• 3+ years experience in applied product research
• Previous experience conducting qualitative, user-centered research methods
• MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, etc.)
• 5+ years experience in applied product research
• Previous experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods