- Austin TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lisa Mitchell
Our client is looking for a Print Production Designer with prepress printing experience. This is a remote role until Oct 2021 but onsite thereafter in the Austin office.
The ideal person will be responsible for but limited to: executes collateral, direct mail, point of sale or other communications, and following through the production process with flawless attention to detail.
What you’ll do:
• Build production files based on new files from art direction, while collaborating with the art director in order to maintain the integrity of their original design.
• Update production files of existing pieces.
• Build new production files based on existing files or templates.
• Build and hand off files that will be programmed into various template-based tools.
• Produce digital, fillable, and interactive PDFs as requested.
• Accurately make copy and layout edits to files during all reviews, while meeting deadlines.
• Check all files for completeness and ensure adherence to Brand standards and production specifications.
• Work closely with the print production manager to help ensure that accurately built files are provided to the print vendor.
• Preflight approved files for final hand off to print production.
• Review soft and hard proofs as requested.
• Perform image adjustments such as changing resolution, resizing, cropping, and retouching as necessary.
• Proactively communicate with project team members in order to provide clarification or eliminate and prevent issues that may affect timing and/or the final deliverable.
• Ask for any necessary information and come to kickoffs and other meetings prepared.
• Assist in creating or maintaining team process documentation.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!
What you have:
• Expert level mastery of Adobe InDesign
• Basic to intermediate level mastery of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Basic to intermediate level mastery of Adobe Acrobat and creating interactive and fillable PDFs
• Experience working within strict brand guidelines
• Strong print prepress knowledge
• Additional consideration given for experience in the print industry
You’ll demonstrate these behaviors:
• Complete work in a responsible and detail-oriented manner.
• Practice good time management in order to meet all deadlines.
• Ensure the quality of work exceeds our clients’ expectations.
• Adapt and remain productive when the scope of work in a project changes.
• Work cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
• Seek opportunities to share and develop experience and knowledge.
• Demonstrate a positive, can-do attitude.
• Focus energy on solving problems and getting the work done.
• Engage in regular, consistent communication.