- Houston, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Crystal Pettibone
We are looking for an eDiscovery Project Manager on a 12+ month temporary assignment basis with a gloabl leading Oil & Gas company.
The eDiscovery team within Law Administration provides cross-functional, enterprise support and expertise regarding preservation, collection and document and data review strategies for litigation, arbitration, government inquiries, internal investigations, subpoenas and divestitures and acquisitions. The eDiscovery Team communicates, coordinates, and reinforces the consistent application of Law Function eDiscovery strategies, the use of Law Function recommended discovery tools and applications, and facilitates collaboration among the teams involved in the various matters, including in-house and outside counsel, IT-Forensics, Legal Analysts, third party service providers, business partners and Company employees to ensure timely and consistent application of our processes and strategies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
A subject matter expert for electronic discovery, an eDiscovery Project Manager provides guidance and general oversight throughout the entire discovery life-cycle for litigation, subpoena, and investigative matters, including the following:
• Provides consultation to internal and external legal teams regarding eDiscovery cases, including: Early Case Assessment, Collections, Culling and Filtering, Electronically Stored Information (ESI) Processing, Hosting, Document Review, Document Production, Data Archival and Storage.
• Plans, coordinates, executes, and delivers projects – on time and on budget – consistent with matter goals and strategies.
• Is an expert user of, and provides expert advice on, eDiscovery tools such as Nuix’s Discover (fka Ringtail), and/or Relativity.
• Is an experienced user of, and provides advice on,O365 Security & Compliance Center eDiscovery (Core and Advanced)
• Facilitates communication and collaboration among in-house legal teams, vendors, outside counsel legal teams and support staff to re-enforce and meet the litigation goals and strategies.
• Designs, prepares, implements, and maintains Electronic Discovery best practices and standard operating procedures in collaboration with Manager, Litigation Support & Technology, and other eDiscovery Project Managers.
• Organizes, develops, and delivers training on review tools to in-house and outside counsel legal teams.
• Experienced in providing support and training for Tier 1 document review attorneys service providers.
• Coordinates and collaborates with internal IT Forensic teams on acquisition of ESI as needed.
• Manages projects and relationships with processing and hosting vendors.
• Identifies and escalates issues and risks as appropriate
• Bachelor's Degree or significant relevant experience in lieu of college degree.
• A minimum of 7 years of combined experience in litigation/litigation support, data discovery, litigation project management and e-discovery processing and review technologies.
• Experience in using O365 collection tools (Core and Advanced).
• Extensive knowledge of the concepts, principles, management, and processing of ESI relating to legal matters, including the use of various ESI management and review tools and applications.
• Proficient understanding of legal terminology and working knowledge of litigation discovery rules and practices.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively with legal and technical teams.
• Highly collaborative, motivated self-starter with the ability to work remotely and off hours as needed.
• Strong project management and problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple projects with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
• Experience with O365 Security & Compliance Center eDiscovery Core and AED, PowerShell, Nuix’s Discover (fka Ringtail), Relativity, or other leading e-discovery review applications.
• Working knowledge of Office 365 Applications, including Outlook, Teams, Excel, and Word
• Bachelor's degree or significant relevant experience in lieu of college degree.
• CEDS Certified
Corporate - Energy Industry