- Remote (US only) - CST or EST
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent’s large Financial Services client is leading a major content repository transformation, and the Experience Design Lead will play a critical part in driving our organization’s total success by applying researched-derived insights through applied critical and creative process, and rigorous and principled design. An Experience Designer takes a holistic view of product balancing desirability, usability, viability, and feasibility all with a constant focus on how our customers and business all gain value through the experience.
What you’ll be doing:
• Convert insights into clearly framed problem statements and user stories
• Create and model a knowledge management portal migration effort: content, navigation, interactions
• Apply and evolve our design system into interfaces
• Ideate multiple perspectives into mockups and prototypes utilizing best in class tools, methods, and processes.
• Collaborate with partner-stakeholders (product manager, developers, other designers), leading design’s focus on both design quality and the people whom we serve.
• Drive design through to execution and delivery with stakeholders.
• Drive usability, accessibility, responsiveness and other properties through design execution.
The qualified Experience Designer would have the following experience and skills:
• 5 plus years of experience including: User experience, information architecture, wireframing, UI web design
• Demonstrate a well-rounded set of digital design skills with primary emphasis on interaction design and information architecture; with secondary abilities in graphic/visual design and research.
• Interaction Design: Demonstrate the ability to understand and design the intersections between moments, and overall behaviors of a system’s response to understood human behaviors.
• Information Architecture: Demonstrate the ability to model existing data structures, and map them against mental models of the set of likely users, into relationship maps, and navigation systems, that lead to the finding of information, creation of information, the management of information, and decisions based on the value of that information.
• Visual Design: Demonstrate the ability bring voice, tone, and most importantly clarity through rigorous craft of layout, type, color, composition, and whitespace.
• Demonstrate an advanced understanding of relevant psychological and other social science topics and their application to product design.
• You have worked with applying design systems across a complex array of products and services.
• You are a strong advocate for design process and methods, and have experience teaching non-designers how they can make use of them and gain value from their practice for themselves.
• While you are responsive to direction, as a senior designer, you are also able to set your own direction in order to meet co-designed success criteria.
• You are not only proficient in relevant tools of the trade but explore tools and tooling in order to always be ready to switch to the next best in class tool.
• You use your communications and social skills to influence partners, peers, superiors, and stakeholders, as well as to clearly communicate requirements, requests, and responses.
Preferred qualifications (a plus, but not required):
• Intranet, content management systems, or other web-based content portal design efforts
• Experience in a regulated industry like financial/banking, insurance, and/or healthcare
Link to work or an online portfolio is a must.