- Los Angeles,CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Entertainment and Consumer Products brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a Softlines Packaging Designer to join their team. This role is slated to go through December 2021 and should extend. This will be remote, but candidiates in LA are preferred.
Responsible for the day to day execution of packaging design and development of licensed products for an area and/or specific category from concept through production working with internal teams and licensees. Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure the highest quality, consumer focused, trend-right packaging lines across all channels of distribution (licensing, flex business models, vertical and wholesale) that build brand equity and meet financial targets.
- Strong understanding of Branding, Structure and Pack Out for a variety of softlines categories.
- Manage and execute product and licensed packaging approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings, ensuring high quality standards in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability
- Collaborate with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Licensing Commercialization, Sourcing and Tech Design, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, Integrated Retail, BPM, Public Affairs, D&I teams, Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios & Channel Content Providers, Games, Publishing, WDI, Licensees, DTR Partners) to design and approve all products
- Collaborate with the greater product design and creative teams to drive up-front trends, overall creative direction and identify future areas of growth within the franchise and across product categories, including the preparation of custom design tools and retail pitches to differentiate by category
- Collaborate with Global Product Design teams
- Collaborate with internal Creative Design teams
- Prepare creative/packaging retail custom design tools and pitches to differentiate by category
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field (e.g. graphic design, advertising design, fashion design)
• 5+ years of experience
• Strong knowledge in hardlines/softlines categories (raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong negotiating skills
• Strong computer software skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, Keynote)
Additional Information: Will be working with multiple stakeholders on online products approvals across (accessories, apparel, etc.). multiple categories
Our Entertainment and Consumer Products client could quite possibly have the world’s biggest range of product offerings. Their stories and characters are all brought to life through innovative and engaging physical products and cutting edge digital experiences. Feel like a kid again by working on things you’ve grown up either playing or seeing at a distance, and dreaming about one day having access to! This is the job you take when you can still remember saying “I want to do that when I grow up!”
This division includes some of the most innovative and talented app and game developers, graphic artists and marketing experts in the world. These people enjoy what they do, and it shows through the products they’re creating and bringing to consumers every day. Add the world’s happiest brand to your resume, while expanding your skills and experience with one of the world’s most recognizable companies.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers