- San Francisco/Remote
- Job Terms:
- $55 an hour + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lauren Friant
We are looking for a part-time Inventory Management Director to work part-time (30 hours a week) remotely from 6/17-11/15 with a leading retailer based out of San Francisco.
We are looking with somebody with a strong financial and business acumen with the ability to evaluate financial and business indicators and translate data into actionable information to drive results; proficiency in retail math. You should also be able to use rigorous logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions while being able to present ideas and directions that lead others to action. This Inventory Management Director leads a team of Planners and Analysts through development, execution and communication of financial and inventory plans and strategies to meet or exceed sales, gross margin, GMROI and inventory goals.
We are looking to partner with somebody that yas 8+ years of work experience in Inventory Management! This role is fully remote but should be able / comfortable working PST hours.
• Oversees the development of Total Company, divisions, departments & class level plans that support market strategy
• Own setting and driving division financials and product strategies (for all milestones) with team and cross-functional/cross-channel peers
• Set global positioning and guardrails for team to build LRP strategy and financials for division
• Set guidelines and direction for team development of annual, seasonal, monthly & weekly merchandise plans
• Participate in development of seasonal commercial plan
• Own representation and communication of division and brand strategies for all team and brand executive forums
• Proactively guide in-season financial management, including OTB forecasting, pricing decisions, and demand driven buying decisions to deliver financial goals
• Lead and drive ongoing division financial and strategic discussions and take action quickly to maximize financial results, mitigate risks, and positively impact short and long term business results
• Gain insights on business results to influence future division, functional and brand strategies
• Identify and recommend in-season commercial plan changes for the division or brand
• Guide cross-functional discussions and highly influence partners
• Provides guidance for team in prioritizing initiatives that maximize efforts and ties to key brand/division goals; removes roadblocks to support team
• Lead and drive brand initiatives for continuous IM process improvement, ensuring ongoing effectiveness • Partners with cross-functional team leaders to shape/improve cross-functional operations
• Accountable for career development, skill development, and leadership competency of teams to ensure job satisfaction, retention and future talent development
• Partners with cross-functional team leaders to shape divisional talent
• Cultivate a collaborative, innovative and results-orientated environment for division and cross-functional teams
• Develop IM bench-strength and a talent pipeline through active participation in recruiting and succession planning
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.