- Redmond, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
This company brings together researchers, developers, and engineers to create the future of augmented and virtual reality. The Audio Research team is focused on harnessing the power of AR and VR to make virtual sounds indistinguishable from reality and give audio superpowers to billions of people, forever transforming the way we work, play, and connect. As a UX Researcher, you’ll be responsible for uncovering the user insights and feedback that guide our early research and advanced development toward experiences that are useful, usable, and desirable.
Strong candidates will demonstrate a rigorous, mixed-methods approach to UX research and have experience developing audio-related solutions. You will work with other UX researchers as well as multi-disciplinary hardware and software teams to push the boundaries of what is possible in the AR/VR product and research science spaces. Ultimately, your expertise and ingenuity in research must do more than just contribute to knowledge – you must also be skilled at driving measurable positive impact and user experience.
- Design & conduct research to guide the development of novel audio-centric AR/VR user experiences, leveraging a range of qualitative and quantitative UX research approaches and tools such as literature reviews, user interviews, usability testing, lab-based experimentation , and surveys.
- Translate the research insights into actionable, measurable UX recommendations and drive implementation with cross functional partners
- Work closely with partners and stakeholders to influence development and integration of future AR/VR experiences and solutions
- Work closely with other UX researchers to help design research plans and specific studies, as well as communicate findings with stakeholders and drive impact of the work.
- Independently complete research, including data collection, data analysis, reporting, collaborating with teams to act upon research results, and knowledge consolidation.
- MS in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Perceptual Psychology, or a UX related field
- 2+ years experience conducting applied research on consumer products involving both qualitative and quantitative methods in industry
- 1+ years of working in cross-functional teams
- PhD in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology, Perceptual Psychology, or a UX-related field
- 2+ years of experience conducting behavioral research with audio and audio-related devices (e.g., HMDs, smart glasses, headphones, smart speakers, and more)
- Experience using psychophysical/psychoacoustic methods
- Experience with AR/VR technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience in tailoring messages to various stakeholders