- Job Terms:
- W2 Hourly DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
Aquent is looking for a User Experience Architect/Designer with CMS expertise to work with a top Financial Services client in Austin, Texas. Our client's User Experience Strategy team—made up of UX architects and content strategists—balances practical constraints (technology, regulatory, and process) with business goals and client needs to help create engaging on-brand deliverables.
- Remote to start but we're looking for talent local to Austin or open to relocation.
- 12 month assignment with potential to extend and/or convert, 40 hours/week.
- Contract opportunities through Aquent offer best in class benefits including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K, FSA and more.
What you’ll do:
The User Experience practitioner is responsible for delivering human-centered design focused on complex customer activities within the financial services industry. UXAs/UXDs work alongside other agency creatives, marketing leaders, developers, content strategists, and project managers to provide unique solutions.
The UXA/UXD will:
- Have experience designing patterns/components for CMS platforms is a requirement, Drupal experience strongly preferred.
- Advocate for user needs.
- Lead strategy for large and small projects, such as website redesigns, microsites, email designs, financial literacy campaigns, social media, and more.
- Apply your passion for new ideas and strategies to achieving our clients’ goals and delivering successful outcomes.
- Consult on process and methodology, bringing smart and quick strategic solutions to planning discussions with account and project management team members.
- Perform product and user research when appropriate and bring those insights to creative partners in ways that help them engage with and deeply understand what we’ve learned.
- Partner with stakeholders (brand, design, technology) to define design patterns
What you have:
- 4+ years as a UXA or UXD or a related role such as interaction design, information architecture, or user research.
- Ability to work in an environment/on projects that have a high level of ambiguity, and willingness to embrace creative constraints and help find solutions.
- Proven ability to work across disciplines and present effectively to clients.
- Passion for sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Omnigraffle, Axure
- Experienced with all aspects of a user-centered interaction design process, including user research, developing user flows, creating wireframes, conducting usability tests and creating annotated design specifications.
- Strong understanding of Drupal or similar content management frameworks
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!