- Remote- CST or EST
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
This is a permanent role with an innovation team within a larger organization.
The Senior Product Designer Partners with product teams to design products that satisfy and exceed customer needs. The Senior Product Designer’s work assignments involve moderately complex to complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
Senior Product Designer, Conversational Design
Come help us redefine the future of healthcare. With a history of transformation over the last 50 years, our client is once again transforming itself using a startup approach. In this innovative division, we are on a mission to improve health outcomes for our Seniors (65+) and help them lead a fulfilling life.
You will be joining the Experience Design team to drive product and conversational design efforts from strategic inception to tactical implementation. We are looking for someone with a user-first approach to design who possesses a deep passion for creating highly usable, functional and beneficial products and conversational experiences.
You will be working in collaboration with, and sometimes under the direction of, the Experience Design Leads on our team, and with other Senior Designers, Product Managers, Product Owners, Researchers, Engineers and QA/Testing teams. Cross-functional Business Owners will rely on your conversational design skills to identify and champion opportunities to introduce speech/text-enabled interactions across a variety of initiatives, usability contexts, and device types.
Location: Boston, MA, remote-options for other locations but work CST or EST hours
What you’ll bring…
• End-to-end lifecycle product design including user journeys, user flows, information architecture, digital interfaces, and as-needed prototyping.
• Experience designing within a reusable component framework, or, preferably, Design System methodology.
• Understanding of accessibility and inclusion principles and guidelines, and practical application of those guidelines.
• Proven track record of creating scalable, multimodal conversational experiences that feel natural and intuitive, are task-oriented, and delight users with their ease of use.
• Technical chops to understand the guardrails between which you’ll be working, but an innate sense of when to push the boundaries and be a champion for our users.
• High self-motivation, excellent communication skills, and the ability to thrive in multi-disciplinary teams that will rely on you as the conversational subject matter expert.
How you will lead…
• Demonstrate soft skills such as empathy and active listening.
• Provide point of view and recommendations based on best practices, defined experience principles, and data.
• Possess critical thinking, storytelling, and presentation skills.
• Perform stakeholder requirements gathering in collaboration with Product and Consumer Insights.
• Conduct user research, with help from our insights and analytics teams, to test and continually optimize your solutions.
• Help define objectives and key results (OKRs), and key performance indicators (KPIs) for the conversational track and individual initiatives.
• Define the conversational system persona, establish language models, and craft content standards for consistency across applications and modalities.
• Curiosity in exploring ways conversational design can enhance user experience across new and existing journeys.
• Help define conversational QA protocols, and assist development in identifying defects.
• Online portfolio of recent work.
• Experience with agile methodology and software development workflows.
• Bachelor's degree or higher with 5-7+ years of relevant work experience in product design and 3+ years of conversational design.
• Google Assistant/Dialogflow and/or Amazon Alexa experience.
• Familiarity designing for Seniors, 65+.
• Healthcare experience.
Typically requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years of technical experience