- Remote - Must work PST
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
AQUENT is looking for a customer focused, creative and tech-savvy Content Strategist to join our team! A content strategist on our team will work with UX designers, PMs, Engineering, User Research and technical writers to name and explain deeply technical concepts in a simple, concise and elegant manner to users, and organize and design a scalable system and process for managing and maintaining UX content.
The ideal candidate is creative and is passionate about words, technology and user experience and is interested in or has experience with (Conversational) AI and Language Understanding. You thrive in collaborative cultures, comfortable with ambiguity yet are disciplined, organized, and successful with tight deadlines.
- You enjoy unpacking complex technology and are excited to organize and design a scalable system and process for UX content management. You are careful with details, but you think strategically, and can always map what you’re delivering to the bigger picture.
- You have a deep understanding of the fundamentals of storytelling and can translate abstract concepts into approachable content.
- You're prepared to engage in a supportive, collaborative team to explore sometimes challenging conversations in order to make sure that all voices are heard and valued in our products and experiences.
- You are eager to bring your own unique voice to the conversation, and you're a good listener who's prepared to consider unfamiliar viewpoints.
Most of all, you care about the people using technology, and making their experiences better.
• Build deep understanding of the product, technology and its target audience(s)
• Explain deeply technical concepts in a simple, concise and elegant manner
• Identify opportunities for content additions, improvements, and innovations and effectively pitch those ideas to the team, to partners, and to stakeholders
• Develop, audit, and organize a scalable content strategy and system for managing and maintaining UX content.
• Craft taxonomies for new and existing projects, both for internal language—so that all internal partners are on the same page—and for UI/UX copy, so users understand the product intuitively
• Deliver end-to-end content , crafting everything from holistic, 10,000-foot strategies to microcopy for a range of product types, with an unrelenting focus on the customer and end-users.
• Collaborate and brainstorm with design, research, product managers, engineering, technical content writers and other stakeholders from teams across the company
• Be comfortable presenting to stakeholders and leadership, with the ability to set expectations, run a presentation, and explain creative decisions
• Work under tight deadlines, sometimes with shifting project priorities; stay organized and maintain multiple simultaneous product schedules and deliverables; synthesize potentially conflicting feedback from multiple sources
• Build and maintain strong relationships across disciplines, from design to research, product to engineering, including partners, and leadership
• Strong portfolio emphasizing writing, content, and/or samples in software design and development areas
• 5+ years (post education) as a content strategist in a company or agency setting
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Technical writing or equivalent experience
• Impeccable grammar, spelling, and punctuation
• Ability to work independently under tight deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.