- Washington, DC - Metro accessible (ON/OFF-SITE)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cynthia Escalante
The consultant will use their project and stakeholder management, meeting facilitation, change management, and planning expertise to ensure successful adoption of enterprise-wide financial software tool initiative. The work requires close collaboration with multiple departments and stakeholders striving to improve financial processes and enhance operations across the organization.
● Assist with the maintenance of project plans and tools for project planning
● Co-develop presentations for various audiences including Executive Sponsors, stakeholders, and other team members
● In partnership with Project Manager and Owner, advise team members on the best way to utilize tools and best practices that drive progress and get efficient and effective results
● Employ a critical lens on project management activities, help connect the dots between workstreams, and illuminate potential challenges
● Prepare for, facilitate, and follow up on routine project meetings that fully engage appropriate participants (i.e., consulted subject matter experts, owners, helpers, and other stakeholders.)
● Proactively construct and share meeting agendas, take clear and comprehensive notes, & send out updates.
● Track tasks and deliverables to ensure that the day-to-day work brings a project to fruition.
● Support workstream lead(s) in implementing / encouraging client to implement best practice principles of governance and project management throughout the project
● Facilitate meetings in ways that help participants work in alignment with team norms.
● Keep meeting participants focused on meeting objectives
● Coach team members on best practices in collaboration and task management.
● Work with team members to plan for and implement stakeholder management practices
● Partner and collaborate with workstream leads and other stakeholders to address issues and overcome challenges
Change Management & Communication
● Collaborate with Change Management team to support the development of appropriate change management tools (e.g., communications plans and personas) and improve adoption of project outcomes
● Collaborate with stakeholders to produce communication artifacts and messages as defined by the communications plan.
● Engage subject matter experts, owners, end-users, helpers, and other stakeholders via multiple communication methods to ensure stakeholders are effectively consulted and engaged
● Bachelor’s degree in Management, Communications, Information Technology or other relevant disciplines.
● Minimum of 3 years of relevant, client-facing experience
● Experience working as part of a large enterprise wide project
● Prior experience with managing projects and/or portions of projects that include large populations of employees across functions and geographies.
● Demonstrated experience anticipating and mitigating stakeholder resistance to changes
● Knowledge and experience working with non-profit financial management and procurement teams
● Experience working in remote team environments
PERIOD OF PERFORMANCE:
• Estimated Period of Performance: July 1, 2021 – September 30, 2021 at approximately 30 -hours / week
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.