- Austin, Texas 78758 - remote to start
- Job Terms:
- $35-50/hour W2 (DOE) + benefits & 401K
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a mid-level UX Content Strategist for an amazing in-house agency team with Charles Schwab in Austin, Texas. The ideal Content Strategist will have experience working with UX teams and delivering content designs, insights and strategtic vision for digital, client-facing content on Schwab.com. AQUENT offers a W2 hourly pay rate plus health benefits, dental, vision and a matching 401K. This is a stable 18-month contract where you will join a team of amazing, inspiring, motivated and brainy creative professionals.
***Must be able to provide / show UX content work samples that show your experience w/ content strategy from the UX side of things - NOT CONTENT MARKETING.***
Our opportunity Schwab’s Creative Center is an award-winning in-house agency that produces a wide range of external and internal communications for Charles Schwab. We deliver strategic, innovative experiences that serve investors, advisors, and other Schwab clients and prospects. Our work spans the product marketing lifecycle, from identifying client needs and defining a messaging vision and hierarchy to guiding the creative team, and mapping implementation to strategy. Our User Experience Strategy team—made up of content strategists, UX architects, and a UX researcher—balances practical constraints (technology, regulatory, and process) with business goals and client needs to help us create engaging effective on-brand deliverables.
What you’ll do
• Deliver innovative yet pragmatic content design and planning, based on business requirements, research, and audience insights.
• Work with teams of industry experts and creative talent across the agency, including marketing leaders, account managers, designers, copywriters, and developers. (This role is most involved at the outset of a project but consults throughout, guiding strategy and validating the execution of the plan to optimize existing or new content.)
• Bring content strategy expertise to large and small projects, such as website redesigns, microsites, email campaigns, financial literacy campaigns, social media, and more. We focus on digital experiences, but we also create videos, print advertising, collateral, and content optimization plans.
• Apply your passion for new ideas and strategies to achieving our clients’ goals and delivering successful outcomes.
• Consult on process and methodology, bringing smart and quick strategic solutions to planning discussions with account and project management team members.
• Perform product and user research when appropriate, and bring those insights to creative partners in ways that help them engage with and deeply understand what we’ve learned.
• Champion content strategy best practices and highlight the value of the discipline.
What you have An understanding of content strategy that allows them to recommend which deliverables within a given project are required to achieve a successful outcome. These can vary but include project and content plans, task/gap analyses, content audits, content models, KPI/metrics criteria definition, SEO mapping and alignment, content mapping and outlines, customer research, journey mapping, client workshops and presentations, and support for prototype development and usability testing.
• Work samples that show evidence of strategic thinking.
• 4+ years of content strategy experience (interactive copywriting experience a plus).
• Ability to work in an environment/on projects that have a high level of ambiguity, and willingness to embrace creative constraints and help find solutions.
• Experience collaborating with internal partners and/or third-party vendors to gather data and ensure the feasibility of our work.
• Proven ability to work across disciplines and present effectively to clients. Focus on storytelling and collaborating in real time.
• Financial institution expertise (or subject matter expertise in similar verticals/highly regulated industries) preferred.
• Passion for sharing subject matter expertise, knowledge, and best practices across teams and channels.
• Experience working within a digital framework: discovery, define, concept, design, and development. Strongly prefer experience with Design Thinking, Agile, and/or Lean UX.
• Understanding taxonomy and SEO, and how to optimize web pages for increasing ranking.
• Experience working within the constraints of content management systems (CMS), particularly Drupal.
• Background or expertise in communications or
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!