- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer McKeever
We are creating a next-generation design system that will meet the demands of a multi-device world through UX guidelines, engineered UI components, and dynamic assets like fonts and icons—all of which are easy to find, adapt, and distribute through shared tooling and infrastructure. Our system will elevate innovation, cohere brand expression, accelerate engineering efficiency, and ultimately deliver beautiful design at our company's scale. As part of the research team, you will be responsible for conducting original research to improve the usability and accessibility of the system.
- Conduct qualitative user research, primarily usability sessions
- User study moderation
- Administer questionnaires and surveys
- Literature reviews
- Liaise with participant recruiting teams and participant onboarding
- Note taking and data capture
- Qualitative data analysis/synthesis
- Draft findings, recommendations, and reports based on user research
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
* MS/PhD in design, engineering, HCI, Psychology, or a related field
* Demonstrated experience conducting accessibility research; deeply understanding the needs of people in accessibility populations (e.g., research with participants with low vision, motor or cognitive disabilities)
* Demonstrated experience conducting usability studies and interviews
* Demonstrated experience executing and analyzing qualitative data in an industry setting
* Communication – you must have excellent skills translating research results into actionable guidance
* You should be comfortable completing a research project with minimal supervision and have at least 5 years experience of demonstrable impact on digital products.
* PhD in design, engineering, HCI, Psychology, or a related field
* Prior experience executing rapid research in a fast-paced environment
* Prior experience conducting research in a design systems context
* Demonstrated experience published peer reviewed work in relevant conferences or journals (e.g., CHI, CSCW, Ubicomp, DIS, etc)
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.