- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lucas Manzaneres
Aquent's client team is looking for someone who can solve novel problems, ramp up and understand a new landscape quickly, and is passionate about user research and user experience design.
The UX team is responsible for the design of a variety of database products used by customers. We build critical solutions that enable enterprises to innovate on the company's scalable, trusted, intelligent global infrastructure.
As a UX Research Assistant, you'll support the full lifecycle of research to ensure we are providing our users a best-in-class experience. This includes: collaborating with UX researchers to recruit and schedule participants, supporting data collection and analysis, editing study videos, coordinating design workshops, and other project management and basic research tasks.
To be successful in this role, you must have excellent communication and organization skills. You should be adaptable, and thrive in ambiguous, technical, and fast-paced environment. You should enjoy both working independently and as part of a team.
- Draft participant recruitment screeners and collaborate on scheduling and coordinating study participants
- Support user researchers in drafting and socializing project milestones and goals
- Support study sessions through taking notes and managing stakeholder communication during interview sessions
- Support running tactical usability studies
- Assist with data analysis, e.g., through transcription and qualitative coding
- Assist with report writing through creating highlight videos/screenshots and pulling representative quotes
- Coordinate design workshops with internal stakeholders and customers
- Excellent time management and prioritization
- Basic understanding of common user experience research methods
- Detail-oriented working style
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and multiple projects
- Experience using spreadsheets (e.g., MS Excel, Google Sheets) for tasks such as data collection and organization
- Willingness and excitement to learn new skills and topics
- B.S./B.A. in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or other field focusing on human behavior and/or human computer interaction
- Proven interest in technology, human behavior, human-computer interaction, or other related fields.
- Previous experience with user experience research and research teams
- Previous experience recruiting participants for marketing, research, or similar
- Experience with event planning and coordination
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.