- MA, NY, NJ, D.C., CT, IL
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
Service Design Strategy Principal
This Direct Hire opportunity is open to candidates in MA, NY, NJ, D.C, CT, IL.
The Consumer Experience Strategy and Design team was formed to deliver one thing: a personalized, seamless and easy healthcare experience for all our members. This team operates with a mandate to break down traditional silos and design solutions based on how our members seek and receive care, not how operating groups structure themselves. By teaming differently, pioneering agile methodologies, and relentlessly focusing on the consumer experience, the Consumer Experience Strategy and Design team seeks to deliver on this promise for all our members.
The Consumer Experience Strategy and Design team supports this consumer-centric operating model from the moment a member learns about the organization through their first year as a member in our care. This team consists of strategy leaders dedicated to supporting a cross-functional team of design strategists, technologists and operators. This team combines classical strategy methodologies with a pragmatic operational “get-it-done” approach alongside several impacted business areas, including clinical services, sales, marketing, IT/technology, and member service.
As a Service Design Principle, you will be reporting to the Director of Strategy, you will act as a design strategy leader for the Enroll and Onboard experience within the member journey. You will have shared responsibility with a business strategy director to find ways to grow, optimize and tailor our enrollment and onboarding experience for each unique member segment. Ultimately, delivering desirable experiences to members that improve clinical outcomes and help members achieve their best health, while driving profitability to support the long-term sustainability of our offerings. You will collaborate with the cross functional experience transformation team to create and iterate the E2E view of the experience. You will help to coordinate seamless connectivity across channels, touchpoints, and platforms, using strategic tools such as archetypes, journey mapping, and service blueprinting driven. Your work will be driven by segment specific business intelligence data and ethnographic research in service of developing targeted moments, needs, and opportunities where the journey architecture teams can deliver optimized experience.
Responsibilities (required to be displayed in 3-4 portfolio case studies)
Within the Retail Experience Transformation Team we are explorers, listeners, creators, and thinkers working together with our lines of business to create connected experience journeys that drive business and user value and impact.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team comprised of business strategy, design strategy, product strategy, business intelligence, data analysis, and product and experience orchestration the Service Design Principle will:
• Drive and execute member research agenda, working with research, marketing and experience teams to coordinate and ensure activity aligns to strategy and knowledge gaps
• Develop and maintain detailed end-to-end service blueprints / journey maps across all member touchpoints
• Track implementation of end-to-end experience for each member archetype and/or segment, tying improvement activities to key measures that create member and business value
• Work collaboratively with members, operators and leadership to propose novel experience improvements that align to priority measures
• Maintain the master “voice of the member” for the archetype and/or segment in collaboration with multiple stakeholders across the organization
• Build repeatable processes to improve the cycle time from consumer insights to validated release of new experiences in production
• Be a great storyteller, who can seamlessly lead teams to synthesize findings into insights and business recommendations that drive impact
• Collaborate and co-create with product teams and business partners quantify value the of a concept, design operational roles and processes, and build business models for larger deployment
• Lead the practice of Experience Transformation and Journey Architecture in terms of craft, process and method
• Create communication artifacts that define experience journey design strategy best practices in order to upskill and coach business partners and collaborators
• Publish articles, books, and other media on behalf of our practice, helping to establish us as thought leaders in the insurance and care journey
• Primary consumer research experience, having led multiple compliant ethnographic studies in consumer homes touching on advanced subjects in the healthcare context
• Demonstrated ability to translate consumer needs into conceptual experience models, design tests to validate hypotheses, refine experiences and deploy at scale through operating partners
• Advanced level PowerPoint, InDesign or other communications design software
• Expert facilitator with ability to design and deliver focus groups, workshops and multiple types of custom (co)design sessions with consumers and business stakeholders
• The ability to communicate and influence senior executives to individual contributors
• Excellent time management skills, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage work in a dynamic complex environment
• Demonstrated experience leading multiple cross-discipline teams (both technology and design) on experience transformation journeys or efforts.
• Ability to navigate in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks with competing deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to productively collaborate across various organization/functions
• Bachelor’s design degree
• 10+ years of relevant design industry experience, 5+ years leadership/management experience.