- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large nonprofit client in Washington is looking for a high-performing Project Manager who is committed to the mission of the Foundation and interested in a role blending program development, partner coordination, data management. This person will work closely with the Benefits Access, Grants Management, and Program Communications & Marketing teams to manage Making SNAP Easy for All Adults 50+, a multi-state project to identify and enroll eligible older adults in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Making SNAP Easy for All Adults 50+ currently has 9 implementation partners across 9 states. The Project Manager will also be responsible for coordinating Foundation’s outreach campaign to enroll older adults through our partners.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the Making SNAP Easy for All Adults 50+ project.
• Act as primary point of contact and lead for customer support, problem solving, and technical assistance to the program’s multi-state network of community partner organizations.
• Manage the outreach strategy to reach SNAP-eligible older adults, including targeted social media campaigns and subsequent performance measurement.
• Collaborate with partner organizations to identify and resolve roadblocks, as well as to document and disseminate best practices. Implement new ways for organizations to share learnings.
• Manage logistics around onboarding of new partners, including working with internal teams to ensure a smooth transition.
• Track key performance indicators (KPIs) and create monthly impact report for program leadership.
• Support the development of new technologies and process improvements aimed at improving the enrollment experiences and increasing the number of older adults enrolled in SNAP.
• Analyze grantee data about populations served today through SNAP work and identify limitations in data reporting.
• Collaborate with Grants team to define next grant opportunity around SNAP program.
• Collaborate with Benefit Access and Communications and Marketing teams to support Foundation’s communications efforts around SNAP.
We are looking for someone with:
• Min. bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of relevant work experience, including experience independently managing a program or project.
• Experience working with grants and grantee organizations.
• Proven ability to implement project processes and prioritize stakeholder feedback to inform process, program strategies, and resource development.
• Experience executing large outreach strategies or marketing campaigns.
• An obsessive attention to detail and proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• High proficiency with Excel; familiarity with Salesforce and other evaluation or data management platforms.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and experience in a customer-facing and/or consulting role requiring a relationship-driven approach to strengthening partnerships and engagement with diverse stakeholders.
• An ability to empathize with stakeholders and consumers and leverage their experiences in program innovation.
• Experience working with the SNAP program, other benefits programs, and/or low-income older adult populations preferred, but not required.
Hours, Travel & Compensation:
• 40 hours/week
• Position is based in Washington, DC, but remote okay
• Compensation commensurate with experience level
• 12-month contract position
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.