- REMOTE (US only)
- Job Terms:
- $65-78 / hr.
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Vicki Schuch
Product Designer (UX)
We are looking for a talented Product Designer with a solid craft and attention to detail to help build digital products to better serve end-customers and trade. This will be a key role in bridging the gap between visual, interaction and information design and be responsible for the information architecture, user interaction design and visual design for assigned digital projects.
Product Designer will be expected to demonstrate expert knowledge of usability best practices, accessibility, a thorough understanding of agile web and mobile app development processes, apply knowledge of latest design trends, exceptional problem-solving skills that turn complex and confusing problems into simple and understandable solutions, thrive within a fast-paced, startup-like environment, and a proven track record of successful collaboration with development, and product teams to deliver high-quality user experiences to Kohler’s global clients.
1. As an end-user advocate, apply user-centered design methods to translate user needs, business objectives, project requirements, and technology capabilities into world-class, emotionally sophisticated digital experiences
2. Create complete design documentation – Building user scenarios, user/process flows, sitemaps, annotated wireframes, schematics, screen concepts, rapid-prototypes, functional and presentation specifications, and design systems (including pattern library, styleguide) for assigned project(s)
3. Collaborate with Product Owner(s), Content Strategy/Product Designers and Development Teams:
a. Partner with the Strategy Team on business requirements and goals
b. Partner with the Design team on visual design integrity/design systems
c. Partner with the Content Team to ensure the delivery of their inputs coincide with UX and downstream dependencies.
d. Partner with Development Team on design feasibility and to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications.
4. Gather and understand information about user needs from stakeholder interviews, market research, benchmarks, best practices and creates requirements gathering and functional / non-functional specifications
5. Develop click-through prototypes to demonstrate interactivity for internal stakeholders and usability test participants as needed.
6. Participate in user research/usability testing (as needed)
7. Contribute positively to design discussions visually, verbally and in writing:
a. Visually - create sketches, mind maps and storyboards for brainstorming
b. Verbally - Provide constructive design commentary and evaluative critique
c. In Writing - produce clear, thorough design specifications for others to use
8. Work within a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary team to help define, maintain, and evolve the navigation, organization, and design system for assigned projects
9. Experience in all aspects of product design: user research, prototyping, interaction design, visual design
10. Capacity for innovative end-to-end user experiences grounded in customer insights, data, business goals—across web and mobile
11. Experience working with design systems
12. Experience working with multi-office and/or distributed teams
1. Must be a strong conceptual thinker, able to understand the “big picture” of the project, how it fits with the full user experience and business expectations, and able to convey sophisticated/elegant concepts that put us ahead of competition.
2. Very strong in visual design experience with luxury brands a plus
3. Experience in designing commerce (B2C, B2B) experiences
4. Must have a diverse portfolio that showcases elevated taste and demonstrate understanding of high-end brands, with a complex an diverse product portfolio
5. Strong interpersonal skills, especially the ability to work tactfully and respectfully with a wide variety of individuals including outside subject experts.
6. Must demonstrate aptitude for ongoing learning and application of newly acquired knowledge.
7. Personality to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
8. General aptitude for learning new software applications. Interest and desire to keep abreast of new developments in Web technology affecting our site visitor’s online experiences.
9. Demonstrable experience in conceptual design, rapid-prototyping, visual design, ADA and agile Web/App software development process are required.
8. Must be proficient in tools such as, Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, Sketch, Axure, Invision, Figma as well as other prototyping tools.
9. Understanding of HTML, CSS, and Adobe Dynamic Media (Scene7) a plus
10. Understanding of the latest in Marketing and Communication technologies preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
1. Bachelor’s or graduate degree in a design-related discipline (i.e., human factors, graphic design, experience design, product design, interaction design, or related field), with a minimum of 3-5 years of professional experience in practicing user experience design; agency experience preferred
2. Must have excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills as well as demonstrable visual communication skills
3. Excellent facilitation, white-boarding, presentation & team collaboration skills.
4. Strong working knowledge of information architecture and Web/mobile application usability design
5. Must possess solid working experience with appropriate design and documentation tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Axure, Invision, Figma, Miro, etc.)