- Virtual; Remote
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Daliya Way
We are seeking a Packaging Designer to join a growing Product Experience team to dive deep into this mission to create engaging, intuitive, and visually-driven user experiences for global device launches across our growing portfolio. We’re a team that is passionate about learning, and we’re looking for an exceptional thinker with systems-oriented, strategic design skills to help us raise the bar. In every work-stream, we immerse ourselves in customer insights, and invent on behalf of our neighbors, what we call our customers. We brainstorm scenarios our customers will benefit from and solutions to pain points. We craft products that aim to bring compelling storytelling to every touchpoint in the purchase funnel.
You are an organized self-starter and collaborator with experience working on real products that people use every day. You obsess over the details and tailor your designs for an improved user experience—bringing your expertise to complex device packaging programs, technical and brand publications, and user education at scale. You understand the value of testing and prototyping, and thrive in a fast-paced, startup environment. Above all, you are passionate about solving real problems for real people through research, design, and iteration.
By partnering with our team of highly curious designers, researchers, product managers, content strategists, and engineers, you’ll bring the product vision to life. You’ll contribute across all program touch points, helping to define and design user interfaces, systems, out-of-box experiences and interactions, and visual design. We have big ideas and tackle complex problems by taking risks that drive innovative solutions for customers around the world.
• Scope and drive the creative development and execution for devices, including: packaging and unboxing experience, technical and brand publications, and user education.
• Contribute to the architecture of short and long-term user experience features and product lines across devices and locales.
• Foster shared understanding of customer needs and how design, technology, and business intersect to meet those needs.
• Use business requirements and customer research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, requirements, prototypes, high-fidelity mockups, and interaction specifications.
• Drive UX solutions that endlessly advocate for the customer and ensure their voices are heard.
• Improve customer metrics and the usability of devices.
• Define patterns to manage and prioritize ideation. Develop and maintain specifications others can apply to scale globally.
• Present to business, design, and executive-level leadership with design rationale using market analysis, metrics, behavioral data, quantitative research, customer feedback, and usability findings to support your work and substantiate.
• Support the preparation of printed materials and packaging for press, working with production to verify proofs and confirm file accuracy.
• Support relationships with suppliers, engaging in prototyping and engineering efforts. Have insight into cost, production timelines, and workback schedules.
• Meet all team deadlines and responsibilities by listening to others and valuing opinions.
Bachelor's degree in a related design field.
6+ years of professional experience.
A portfolio demonstrating mastery in effective user-centered design solutions.
4+ years of experience building out templated design systems, mockups, and prototyping in 2D/3D.
4+ years of experience working with offset printing, dielines, color, material and finish (CMF), and recyclability of paper products (corrugate, paper pulp, SBS).
Working knowledge of human centered design principles and practice.
Ability to extract abstract concepts and quickly turn around rigorous unboxing flows and mockups reflecting a range of options.
Strong communication skills with the ability to listen, synthesize feedback, present, and sell through ideation.
Experience measuring the impact of your work against key business and customer experience goals.
Familiarity with research methodologies and turning customer feedback into actionable findings.
Ability to multitask and complete projects on time and successfully by staying organized and efficient.
A complete understanding of all visual communications including typography, layout, and photo direction, as well as the ability to work with content strategy to create distinct solution that solve for the user experience.
Want to work for one of the fastest growing and most admired companies in the world?
Founded in 1995 this client of Aquent’s has grown to one of the largest tech companies in the world. Driven by the excitement of building technologies, inventing products, and providing services that transform the way their customers live their lives and run their businesses. Come join them and work in a place that values innovation, creativity and leadership.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.