- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Danielle Bodemann
AQUENT is looking for a Media Monitoring Analyst to join our client's Strategic Response Communications team. This person will be responsible for monitoring news cycles and developing analysis and reports for the clients most pressing issues. A key part of this role is keeping teams informed with real-time news updates, summaries of social media conversations, and media coverage trends, themes, and overall comparative analysis.
The ideal candidate will excel at working collaboratively with colleagues and can consistently deliver high-quality work even under severe time constraints. Candidates should be strong communicators. Attention to detail, ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, strong reading, writing, and organization skills are critical. You should be passionate about the products and policy issues, and be familiar with using data analytics to inform media strategies
- Read, analyze, and summarize media coverage of important policy-related issues
- Stay informed on news cycle domestically and internationally
- Stay informed and up to date on complex policy issues facing the company and deliver insights accordingly
- Track social media conversations and deliver insightful reports
- Work closely with broader communications teams to help support and inform communication strategy
- 2+ years of experience monitoring press and stakeholder relations
- Experience drafting messaging materials and writing news summaries
- Experience owning multiples deliverables and working in a deadline driven environment
- Experience distilling technology or policy concepts into consumer language
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, English, Journalism, Public Relations, Broadcast, Political Science, or related field
- Experience working at a public affairs agency
- Experience working at a technology company
- Experience using data platforms to monitor media volume and analyze social media conversation.
- Govt, tech, white house background is big PLUS
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!