- Washington, DC - Metro accessible (ON/OFF-SITE)
- Job Terms:
- DOE + subsidized benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Cynthia Escalante
In March 2020, the Vatican opened to research archival materials that cover the World War II period and include the papers of Pope Pius XII. The Museum is poised to lead the historic effort to acquire, access, copy, and analyze the Vatican’s war-time archives. In addition, we plan to hold one or more events each year for scholars worldwide to explore and discuss these important records and to build international networks of researchers.
The project manager will use their project and stakeholder management, meeting facilitation, change management, and planning expertise to ensure successful execution of the Vatican Archives Initiative. The work requires close collaboration with multiple departments and stakeholders that are striving to ensure that the Museum is at the forefront of the effort to acquire, access, copy, analyze, and learn from the Vatican’s war-time archives.
● Using the MOCHA for Managers approach to project management, works with Managers, Owners & Approvers to communicate progress toward goals and milestones, key
decisions, impact, etc.
● In coordination with team leadership, schedule, prepare for, facilitate, and follow up on project meetings that fully engage appropriate participants (i.e., consulted subject matter experts, owners, helpers, and other stakeholders.) Actively manage meeting cadence and structure.
● Co-develop and maintain project plans and tools for project planning.
● Co-develop presentations for various audiences including executive sponsors, stakeholders, and other team members with audience in mind.
● In partnership with team leadership, advise team members on the best way to utilize tools and best practices that drive progress and get efficient and effective results.
● Employ a critical lens on project management activities, help connect the dots between workstreams, and illuminate potential challenges.
● Proactively construct and share meeting agendas, take clear and comprehensive notes, & send out updates.
● Track tasks and deliverables to ensure that the day-to-day work brings a project to fruition.
● Support team leadership in implementing / encouraging client to implement best practice principles of governance and project management throughout the project.
● Facilitate meetings in ways that help participants work in alignment with team norms.
● Keep meeting participants focused on meeting objectives.
● Coach team members on best practices in collaboration and task management.
● Work with team members to plan for and implement stakeholder management practices.
● Partner and collaborate with workstream leads and other stakeholders to address issues and overcome challenges.
Change Management & Communication
● Collaborate with team leadership to support the development of appropriate change management tools and improve adoption of project outcomes.
● Collaborate with stakeholders to produce communication artifacts and messages as defined by the communications plan.
● Engage subject matter experts and other stakeholders via multiple communication methods to ensure stakeholders are effectively consulted and engaged.
● Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
● Experience working as part of a large enterprise wide project.
● Prior experience with managing projects and/or portions of projects that include large populations of employees across functions and geographies..
● Demonstrated experience anticipating and mitigating stakeholder resistance to changes.
● Knowledge and experience working with Museums or religious organizations.
● Experience working in remote team environments.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, women, veterans, and disabled individuals.