- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
UX Content Designer
Sustainability/Corporate Social Responsibility | Cloud + AI Studios
We believe that UX design only becomes great when apps are simple, clear, and designed to flow naturally from one concept to the next. That’s where you come in! Join us, and you’ll be part of a full-stack product design team delivering customer-centered solution that will help businesses of every size to meet their environmental sustainability goals, accelerate conservation, and reduce waste.
As the product team’s Content Designer, you’ll be collaboratively applying any environmental sustainability knowledge, research insights, and your skillset in content strategy, information architecture, and UX writing. You’ll play a critical role to design a simple, modern, and inclusively easy-to-use product for any business.
Primary focus areas
Initially, the bulk of your activities may be around surface UI language, crisp and clear terminology, and UX writing and editing placeholder/provisional content to our brand voice and style rules:
• Define key concepts and terms aligned to our brand voice principles and consistentcy with our style guides and bringing an informed point of view, experience, and data/research.
• Craft, test, iterate, refine, and finalize product interface copy that matches users mental models with a focus on usability, learnability, inclusion, and accessibility.
• Apply design system guidelines, our brand voice principles, and style guides for terminology and language usage.
• Then, you’ll move on to the process and context of defining or refining features, whether mapping out the edge-to-edge customer experience, shaping architecture and navigation, naming features and crafting descriptive UI labels and other wayfinding elements.
You’ll partner with your design team’s User Researcher to unpack pain points uncovered to improve usability and lift NSAT/MAU—crafting, testing, and iterating on the words which go into each component on every screen of the product from onboarding to customer journeys and task workflows.
Passionate about simplifying technology? Same.
Complexity brings out your curiosity. You’re a seriously seasoned Content Designer who loves creating deceptively simple software—the kinds of experiences that feel efficient, effortless, and rewarding because you’ve sweated every detail and distilled every concept down to its purest, simplest form.
You know the power of great information hierarchy, clear terminology, and navigation—and can speak to how carefully crafted UX flows can transform the customer journey from confusing to intuitive. Informing and evolving that journey with insights from research and data is second nature to you.
Yes, you know and love the cloud
While you love simple, your skillset is anything but. You’ve made apps from scratch as part of an interdisciplinary product design team in cloud, business, enterprise, or developer spaces. With a diverse skillset and loads of experience, you trust your approach and ability to figure out the best next action without a lot of second guessing or hand holding. You collaborate with ease (up/down/across) and are adept at influencing using loads of optimism, a hunger for feedback, a retractable ego, and growth mindset.
Dropdown or radio buttons? UI text or tooltip?
Your communications chops are interaction specific. You understand the concepts of drilling down, reducing friction, and offering bits of guidance right when—and only when—it’s needed. You know the value of using and contributing to design patterns, UI toolkits, and style guides to keep product teams aligned so content stays consistent, cohesive, and intentional.
Cross-functional, full-stack product design teams
You’ll be part of a product design team, studio, and organization that believes in the power of inclusion, diversity of ideas and people, work/life balance, and the sheer joy of solving hard problems. We’re nurturing a collaborative culture where everyone can flourish, learn, and innovate—even through the most challenging times.
Our UX Content Designers apply their core design skills of content strategy, information architecture, interaction design fundamentals, and digital communication. You’ll collaboratively design and shape the entire user journey—making every step in the customer’s workflow easy to understand and championing our brand voice principles: crisp and clear, warm and approachable, and ready to lend a hand.
Best of all? UX Content Designers here work from start to finish across strategy > structure > surface in deep partnership with their cross-functional teammates to co-design the most efficient and effective experience for customers.
What to expect from this assignment
Supported by empowering and experienced managers and a UX Content Design Group of 30+ talented peers, here you’ll have the chance to solve the problems only content strategy and design can solve—using your superpowers to help people the world over to achieve more.
Day to day, you’ll be:
• Contributing to a coherent vision and experience strategy for a product, product line, or family of products.
• Aligning business, brand, naming, messaging, and design strategies using your expertise across the broad domain of customer communications inside or outside.
• Using language as design material: Planning, crafting, and refining names and terms, messaging and content, UX flows, and in-product language—testing, validating, and adapting for the next iteration. (Some wins will be fast, and others may feel like they take forever to land!)
• Working within design systems: People will seek you out for answers on our brand voice, content style standards, terminology, common UI and interaction patterns, feature naming, and more.
All about you
• 8+ years of combined experience in content-focused roles—including 3+ years as a product-focused content strategist, content designer or UX writer.
• Demonstrated experience crafting product user interfaces across a range of platforms including desktop, cloud services, and mobile.
• A portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions is a requirement for application. (Either upload your portfolio with your application or include a link to it on your resume or LinkedIn profile.)
• Your excellence in product content design and strategy gets your apps noticed and appreciated—and your senior skillset shows in your playbook of uniquely honed tools, approaches, and solutions.
• You’re fluent in design tools like Figma, Sketch, InVision, or similar. (We use Figma.)
• You embrace research and data—it’s second nature to collaborate with User Researchers and present customer-based, data-informed rationale for your ideas.
• You’re innately curious. About design, about the customer landscape—you fuel your imagination with things big and small, so you can apply what you know to solve new problems.
• Communication skills that extend to your relationships. You know building relationships both within and beyond your team is key for driving impact-oriented collaboration—and ultimately making a difference for customers.
• A growth mindset—there’s always more to learn. Confidence and humility can coexist. You’re quick to own mistakes (we all make them) and willing to reconsider and explore ideas.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.