- Manhattan, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
Our valued client in the Energy industry is seeking a UX Design Lead for a long term assignment. This role is fully remote currently.
Candidates need to be local to New York area (commutable) as they will be going back into the office at some point.
As a UX Lead, you will combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help our team improve the design of our experiences. You’ll plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, create actionable insights, and ensure projects meet deadlines.
What you’ll do:
· Craft : Conceptualize new solutions and find ways to improve existing experiences. Tirelessly advocate for the user and their needs.
· Build : You’ll create user journeys, wireframes, and functional prototypes that define and describe consumer-focused digital products
· Lead & Innovate : Exemplify fearlessness in the face of the undefined and a passion for bringing order through design exploration.
· Collaborate : You’ll need to effectively communicate what is needed from teammates who’s attention is split across many projects. You must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration, especially working cross-discipline: you can talk the talk with developers and designers equally well.
Who you are:
· A builder | You make things and you want to make more things with a team made up of like-minded people. You’re a leader with an ability and appetite to bring people together.
· Curious about technology | You’re aware of the latest trends and ideas and can talk about your opinions of them.
· Passionate about creativity | You understand how designers think and apply your knowledge to your work. UX is at its core a creative pursuit and you ground your thinking that way. Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning
· A strategic thinker | You know how to conduct and interpret user research, perform an A/B test, and what a product roadmap is.
· Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
· 5 years of experience in UX design, information architecture, or interaction design.
· Strong portfolio of work demonstrating experience leading or managing the design of complex systems across multiple platforms, including mobile and touch-based interfaces.
· Solid understanding of designing user experiences for digital ecosystems.
· Experience presenting and arguing for your work internally and with clients
· Proven ability to collaborate with internal disciplines and negotiate effectively with clients and provide leadership to the team.
· Proficiency in Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, or similar design and prototyping tools
· Experience preparing and conducting user research and usability tests.
· Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, processes, and techniques.