- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer to work with the Product Experience Design team. Position is currently remote until the client has the all clear to go back onsite in NYC.
The Product Experience Design team works closely with business, product management and engineering to transform how internal and external customers conduct business and complete tasks, on time and with accuracy.
You’ll join a team that’s passionate about understanding and solving customer problems within the ecosystem. Embedding with product managers, engineers, designers, researchers, and content strategists, you’ll support and help shape the future of clients products.
You’ll need a mix of UX and visual design experience and aptitude to constantly be learning. You’ll apply our design standards to your work, and create new ones as needed. As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll support your peers in pushing the product experience while you push your own boundaries and skills along the way.
What you’ll do:
- Identify solutions to customer-problems based on validated insights from the User Research team.
- Experiment to validate ideas using best-practice methods. (moderated, unmoderated research using prototypes of varying fidelity)
- Create final deliverables based on validated hypothesis and deliver to Engineering partners
- Utilize effective Design patterns and usage
- Share the process of validating ideas based on experimentation with partners and peers
- Educate and lead peers and stakeholders on behalf of voice of customer
Successful Senior Product Designer are:
- Customer focused. You understand their problems and identify and validate solutions
- Expert working in a LEAN UX + AGILE build environment
- Relentless advocate for adherence to design patterns and standards
- Active consumers of user research as a vehicle for the voice of our customers
- Owners of end-to-end product design cycle from problem statement to go-live
- Influencers and storytellers and know how to get partners behind the vision
Role requirements - the basics:
- Take insights and build accurate problem statements.
- Gather and validate ideas and solutions from customers and cross-functional peers.
- Validate via rapid experimentation of prototypes and quantifying high-value hypothesis
- Apply and maintain design patterns to ensure consistency across products and platforms
- Deliver validated solutions to engineers and ensure quality final customer-facing product
- You can envision a world different from the status quo and show a clear path on how to get there.
- Self-motivated. You don’t wait for permission to act.
- Results-driven. You build consensus and incorporate the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution.
- Experience working in design teams along with Engineers, Product Managers, and stakeholders
- eCommerce and/or Finance industry experience
- Degree in design related HCI or equivalent
- Must be organized, able to act independently and able to switch between projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment
- Strong practitioner in LEAN UX methods
Please forward resume and link to online portfolio to be considered
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize a good portion of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
- We reward referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/